• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 Gino

Gino

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:57 AM

That's odd.. mine has the browse button... perhaps it is because you only have 6 posts?

#27 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

That's odd.. mine has the browse button... perhaps it is because you only have 6 posts?

Yes, that is probably it. Under 10 posts and you have very little right to do anything.

#28 Gutty

Gutty

AV Forum Member

• 4,083 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

Hmm...This is what my screenshot looks like. click
Uppercut withheld :D

Hmmm, many appologies in that case. :blink:

I believe Gino is correct, 10 posts before such privilages as PM, avatar, start new thread, are allowed.

#29 viper073

viper073

AV Forum Member

• 23 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:55 AM

Hmmm, many appologies in that case. :blink:

I believe Gino is correct, 10 posts before such privilages as PM, avatar, start new thread, are allowed.

Thanks guys...that explains it

Only 3 posts to go!! :D

#30 avrtRick

avrtRick

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

THIS DUMMY GOT SOME PICS ON :lol: :lol:

Now, to try and provide the link.

Just experimenting!!

Just want to say thanks to the Guys that had explained it earlier in this thread.

And thanks Lyle, I'll try it out!

Edited by avrtRick, 22 May 2008 - 12:57 PM.

#31 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:53 PM

Highlight
Contrl C
Go to new message
Contrl V.

#32 avrtRick

avrtRick

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 01:16 PM

Now Im lost :(

Is there A good example page for this computer illiterate to look at :blush:

#33 Geraint Davies

Geraint Davies

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

Hi all,

This thread hasn't been active for a while but I have a quick Q if anyone is out there. I would like to add an avatar to my profile and followed Mello Yello's instructions, but I do not have the 'browse' option when I go to the 'edit avatar' screen of My Controls. Do you have to be a member for a certian amount of time before you can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Same question

#34 gone_bush

gone_bush

AV Forum Member

• 5,722 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:13 PM

stick em here like everyone else and then post a link to them there
http://www.dtvforum....hp?showforum=99

for editing the avatar you need to go to 'mycontrols' and hti edit avatar settings

For whatever reason, the link in the above post doesn't work anymore. Try: http://www.dtvforum....p?showforum=145

#35 Orinion

Orinion

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Post Removed: Posted in wrong topic, apologies.

Edited by Orinion, 28 February 2009 - 03:48 PM.

#36 Amleth

Amleth

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:54 AM

So there's no way to insert an image from an external host such as Imageshack and have it display in the thread without someone clicking on it first? I know I skip most of the eye candy in a thread if I have to manually click on each of a whole bunch of pics, wait for each to load, etc...

#37 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:58 AM

So there's no way to insert an image from an external host such as Imageshack and have it display in the thread without someone clicking on it first? I know I skip most of the eye candy in a thread if I have to manually click on each of a whole bunch of pics, wait for each to load, etc...

Correct.

#38 Amleth

Amleth

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

Correct.

Why is it that way? Is there some special reason?

#39 Guest_geoffp_*

Guest_geoffp_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to insert some .jpg's into a for sale thread I want to put up.

I can paste the url into the "insert image" popup box, when previewed the url location is displayed not the .jpg??

Am I doing something wrong?

The largest file is 320KB.

Ta.

Edited by geoffp, 03 May 2009 - 09:12 AM.

#40 gardener

gardener

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

You must first paste your pictures in the Attachments Thread

http://www.dtvforum....p?showforum=145

#41 gardener

gardener

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:05 PM

SUMMARY taken from members replies in this thread:

Posting Pictures

Q. How can I paste my pictures in a post?
A. You must first post them in the Attachments Thread http://www.dtvforum....p?showforum=145

Q. How?
A. Go to the Attachments Thread in the Miscellaneous Section.

You can start a new thread there OR for you can use the "The General & Miscellaneous Images thread".

1. start a new topic....

2. put in title and description if you like.....

3. scroll down to the bottom of the page

4. where it says file attachments....click on Browse....and brose where ever you have your photo's saved...

5. double click on the photo you want on the forum. do this over and over again, until you have all of your photo's there....

6. then go back and start the wording to your thread......and when you want to pull a partuicular photo from the ones you just saved across, then....

7. you then click on "add this attachment" beside the photo's, which will then put your photo's into your "Thread"

8. You can put all your photo's together in a row at the bottom of your thread, or if you prefer, do what I do, and put a touch more effort into putting in a paragraph above / beside each photo to better describe your set up.

then Let everyone back on the Home Theatre Forum know you have done it.............

9. Start another thread, back in the Home Theatre section, and copy and paste a link to your other thread in the "attachment" area of the Forum........

word of warning..........sometimes it makes it hard for people to look at your photo's if you don't first Re-size them, and also check the brightness, as I had to adjust mine as the photo's went all dark and gloomy when I took them from the camera....?

Q. How do I then link my pictures to the post I want them to appear in?
A. You can past the link to the attachments thread in your post, or you can link it to a word in your post such as "pics" by highlighting the word pics, clicking the Insert Link and pasting the link there.

Q. Can I edit my pictures?
A. As with any post on here you get 24hrs to edit after that you can't edit. So yes you could upload and then if not happy remove it and upload some others - for 24hrs.

Posting Avatars

Note: You must have made 5 posts already on the Forum in order to post an avatar.

HOW to do it:
click up the top...right....where it says "my controls" look to the left for Personal Profile "Edit Avatar Settings" and voila.....you can choose one of dtvforum's or upload your own from your computer via the browse button.

Hope this helps those new to the dtvforum.