Brisbane CHANNEL 9 on the Gold Coast?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Suzie

Suzie

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:31 AM

Hi ... On the Gold Coast, on Channel 9, at 5.30pm, we get GOLD COAST NEWS, (which I love). Trasmitting in Brisbane on Channel 9 at 5.30pm is the "EXTRA" program. Is it possible for us on the Gold Coast to find this EXTRA program SOMEWHERE on my digital set top box programs??... I DESSSSSPERATELY want to see this afternoon's program... Can anyone help??...... I've never been into this Forum before, so I hope I know when someone writes back??!!?!!?...

HOpe someone can say "YESSSS Suzie you can see it" !!!!!!! You'd MAKE my day !!!

Thanks,
Suzie.

#2 EvanOnTheGC

EvanOnTheGC

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:26 AM

You can watch it in a small box on the VPG on Channel 99, but you can't listen to it. The audio is Gold Coast News.

No subtitles on that channel either.

Evan :->

#3 Digitaldelayer

Digitaldelayer

AV Forum Member

• 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:27 AM

Hi Suzie,

You will need a Brisbane antannae aimed at Mt Cootha and a splitter, and retune your set top box.
This will probably need to be done by an aerial person.
If you call around quickly you might get somebody today, should cost less than $200.
It's the only way!

Have a nice day..
John

#4 hanrahan

hanrahan

AV Forum Member

• 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:36 AM

Hi ...  On the Gold Coast, on Channel 9, at 5.30pm, we get GOLD COAST NEWS, (which I love).  Trasmitting in Brisbane on Channel 9 at 5.30pm is the "EXTRA" program.  Is it possible for us on the Gold Coast to find this EXTRA program SOMEWHERE on my digital set top box programs

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no easy way of receiving Brisbane Extra on the Gold Coast, unless you have a VHF antenna that is pointing towards Brisbane. Most areas on the northern end of the Gold Coast are still able to receive the Brisbane VHF signal's, in both analogue and digital modes.

Regards
Mark Hanrahan
Nine News Gold Coast

#5 Suzie

Suzie

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:42 AM

There is no easy way of receiving Brisbane Extra on the Gold Coast, unless you have a VHF antenna that is pointing towards Brisbane. Most areas on the northern end of the Gold Coast are still able to receive the Brisbane VHF signal's, in both analogue and digital modes.

Regards
Mark Hanrahan
Nine News Gold Coast

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Mark for that... I am on the Northern end of the Gold Coast, so I think that I shall get my husband on the job now to "look deeper into" our TV's capabilities via this VHF signal information you provided (and I might just be lucky).......
Thanks so much for your reply.......

Regards, Suzie.

#6 datvman

datvman

AV Forum Member

• 3,185 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:56 AM

If you want i could record Extra and send it down via DVD?

#7 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,648 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:32 AM

Suzie,
Brisbane
You only want a band 3 only antenna.

AlanH