Photo

Benq W1350 Projector - Practically New

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 roadie009

roadie009

AV Forum Member

• 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:30 PM

Hi guys, 

Have a pretty much brand new Benq W1350 projector with less than 20 hours on it - reason for sale is that I'm super picky with fan noise and will need to upgrade to something more expensive to achieve acoustic bliss (I blame my mum for the great hearing). 

There is nothing wrong at all with the projector - hence that's why I can't just return it for a refund. 

Happy to take a small hit and so my loss could potentially be your gain! If I can't get it at my wanted price I'm happy to just keep it...this could be handy for someone particularly interested in this model and wanted to save a few quick bucks. 

Receipt and all included and purchase date was 4 Feb 2016. 

Pickup Melbourne (Richmond business hours and Box Hill North after hours). 

Price $1600 *Feel free to PM me with a reasonable offer as well...

Edited by roadie009, 10 February 2016 - 07:36 AM.

#2 bonkers20

bonkers20

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:36 PM

I would talk to who ever you purchased from and tell them its too noisey.... Surley they could give you a full refunds as store credit to allow for an upgrade.

#3 roadie009

roadie009

AV Forum Member

• 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:07 PM

I did bring it back but after comparing it with the other models (w1080st/1070+ and Epson 5300) - all three were louder than my unit. The fan noise I guess is within specs but subjectively it was still too loud for me. However the Epson 6600 was a quieter unit, albeit more expensive!

#4 OkiToki

OkiToki

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

I had the problem with the epson too... at first i thought it was something i can put up with... but after instal... i cant put up with it... when set to ceiling mount the fan was even louder than on desktop mode. I too sold it at a lost but bought an older higher end model which was much quieter....

Good luck with your sale

#5 yammy-san

yammy-san

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:15 AM

I had the same issue with fan noise. But to make it silent I used the low lamp mode. It's a good thing in a way, helps your lamp last a little longer.

Oops just realized this was a benq projector. My case was for Epson. But maybe still check this out.

Edited by yammy-san, 10 February 2016 - 05:22 AM.

#6 roadie009

roadie009

AV Forum Member

• 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:35 AM

Hi guys, thanks for the help thus far...I've owned a Benq projector before but have done most of the eco settings to reduce fan noise...it hasn't helped the cause too much though 

#7 hasnon

hasnon

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

How about the W1110? I have heard that fan noise is a lot quieter than the BenQ models you've mentioned.

#8 roadie009

roadie009

AV Forum Member

• 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:56 AM

Still available -
Price drop to $1400 or happy to trade for iPad Air 2/iPad pro