• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#276 RSK

RSK

AV Forum Member

• 62 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hello All,

I have the Digicrystal SDT9070P PVR that died a few days back. The symptom: Am able to see the last viewed channel but Not able to change it. This happened while we were watching TV and saw a spark inside the PVR accompanied by a pop sound. Since we always put the set on standby, I guess the power supply has gone bad.

I see in this thread that the CAPS when replaced usually solves the issue. I'm just wondering if anybody in this forum would be able to help me out with replacing the CAPS. I'm also willing to pay for your time. It would be great if anyone can help. Please PM if you can. I'll also source the parts if you dont have them (or do not have the time to source them). If you can source the parts I will pay for the parts (obviously) as well.

I can confirm that the 160GB HDD is intact. I can confirm this because I plugged in the HDD to the PC, I can access the file system and see files (.PVR) inside it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by RSK, 10 February 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#277 RooVic

RooVic

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

Hi all, I've long enjoyed this thread; been very helpful with a Digicrystal SDT-9070P.

I'm now having trouble with that machine. (Don't think it's firmware or the caps. Seems a mainboard problem.) Digicrystal fobbed me off through most of February...and now don't seem to exist. Their website has been hacked. And I can't get replies to e-mail, web page form, 1300 number, or even the office number for Australian Digital Vision Technology.

Anyone know of their fate? Surely someone like Jokiin should? But I've trawled any number of forums and websites, and am yet to hear what's become of our beloved(?) supplier.

#278 humpda

humpda

AV Forum Member

• 23 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hi
Would appreciate any help to the following. I have an old Digicrystal 9077p that was working fine, however has lost the ability to play back recorded files. I recorded a couple of matches of the world cup, the matches appear in the recorded program list, however when I attempt to play them, the screen flickers for a second or two and then defaults back to live tv. I reset the unit yesterday and did a manual recording for a few seconds which worked ok, however it does not seem to work with shows set by the epg. Could this be an issue with the caps or the hard drive? I have replaced the caps on my old 9000 box and it is still going strong, however I am unable to find any info on replacing the digicrystal 9077p drive.

Many thanks

#279 starkler

starkler

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

Does anyone know where you can get a remote for these boxes?

Or does anybody have a spare one they'd like to offload?

Me too.

The 2 button (play) is wearing out and i have to mash it down hard to make it work.

#280 quijibo

quijibo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

Just installed a newish 200GB hard drive in one of these and am running 'Erase harddisk' from the PVR menu.

It's been going for over half an hour now. Is that normal?

Yes, I am incredibly impatient...

#281 prl

prl

AV Forum Member

• 2,636 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

Just installed a newish 200GB hard drive in one of these and am running 'Erase harddisk' from the PVR menu.

It's been going for over half an hour now. Is that normal?

Depends what it means by "erase". If it is writing zeros over the hard disk, then yes, it's going to take a long time. If all it's doing is re-writing the file system's internal structures (like the "Quick format" option on format in Windows), no, that's unreasonably long. That should take no more than a few tens of seconds for a 200GB HDD.

#282 vmile

vmile

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

Some of the buttons on my mothers Wintal PVR-X10A remote, are failing to work.

My local Aldi has a Tevion 8 in 1 Universal Remote MD 83388 on special for $9.99. (Pink box, item 3512)

So, rembering that there was a Tevion version of this box as well, I gave one of these remotes a try.

To my great pleasure Code 0423 seems to work.

Some of the buttons are different, but all the functions seem to be there.

#283 drag1

drag1

AV Forum Member

• 15 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:13 AM

Hi,
my digicrystal 9000 pvr record/play would not work properly after 7 years trouble free. Replaced all the caps on the power board and discovered the 80gb is faulty. I replacd it with another WD800BB 80gb hdd. But the firmware would not recognise it. I have a few questions and hope you experience guys can give me a few clues to go on .
>Does the replacement hdd need to be unformatted and partition free before installation on the pvr ?
>Or format to Fat32 first ?
>Or create primary partition but not format to Fat32 ?
>Original/replacement hdd are both WW800BB, but different year/batch. Will they be same ?
Has anyone still have the modded GDRGuy69 Firmware for bigger hard drive ? I be very grateful if I can have a copy.
Contact email : etwu@airnet.com.au

#284 component

component

AV Forum Member

• 45 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hi everyone,

In case anyone is interested, I have successfully transferred recordings from a Wintal PVR X10A to my PC. The process worked fine for me, following the instructions that were previously posted on this site by PCPro. To begin with, I was able to connect the HDD (once out of the box) easily to my PC using this utility:

SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter
Supports 2.5" & 3.5" SATA or PATA(IDE) Hard Drives and SSDS

Brand: Vantec
Price: $39.00

I had a bit of trouble locating the various programs mentioned in the instructions, but I managed to in the end. Including an updated version of DigeniusDisk which is newer than the version mentioned in the instructions. The other programs are also those mentioned in the help file. One was demo-only, but it worked OK.

To pass on the benefits of my efforts, I have put all these resources online here:

http://sdrv.ms/17TdC3a

This link also contains a full set of instructions.

I hope it works for you.

Component

P.S.: BTW, if anybody is interested in a 'dead' Wintal PVR for parts, PM me. You can have it for the cost of postage. The HDD is fine but I think the capacitors must be bulging once again (already replaced them once).