Will Ses 7 Satellite Be Accessible. From Auckland

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dishfinder

Dishfinder

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

Bought a stb and installed a 90cm dish.. Unable to view channels. Is it possible in any way to get the stb to catch signals from SES7 in Auckland.

#2 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:55 PM

Dishfinder,

This satellite has its footprints over India and Philippines. All signals except 11.625 GHz horizontally polarised (925 MHz on the receiver (10.7 LO dish) for Philippines are encrypted. You will need a DVB-S2 receiver and a subscription with either Indovision or Ariel to unlock the broadcast. The satellite is viewable from NZ but the antenna is not pointed in your direction.

Alanh

Edited by alanh, 29 April 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#3 Dishfinder

Dishfinder

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:24 AM

Thank u for the positive response.. I have paid for the channels in india thru airtel digital tv...does this make a difference. Also my stb has Ses 7 or insat 4a or insat 4b or nss 11...these are the four satellites its programmed..what should i do to catch any of these..also have a 90cm dish and a k band lnb. Will this work?

#4 Dishfinder

Dishfinder

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:28 AM

Also have DVB-S2 receiver

#5 ------

------

AV Forum Member

• 2,892 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

I've seen this question before.

#6 tarqzzzz

tarqzzzz

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted Today, 10:42 AM

Dishfinder, were you able to finally make it work? Does Airtel work for you in Auckland. I am in Sydney and keen to know that whether it will work for me here?