Whos signing up?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#76 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,500 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:18 PM

Not really up on the Netflix complications but is it possible to just download the programmes to a Computer HDD then watch them at your leisure via any media player.

If that's was the case you can copy it off the HDD...and that's not allowed!!

cheers laurie

#77 Aze

Aze

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:55 PM

My son signed up last night for watching via his Xbox One and 50" plasma and he wanted HD so by default that means 2 screen streaming, so I now have Netflix as well  :rofl:  We have only looked quickly at it, maybe more time tomorrow so not sure about quality of audio yet but picture was good. I did a speed test on our cable this morning and got 39.3Mbps line speed and 4.8MB/s download speed which seems to stream fine on Fetch and Apple TV so I assume Netflix will run fine too. Speaking of Apple TV, my son said I can use Netflix via that which would mean I can watch them on the PJ in the theatre room which would be nice. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of newer movies as that is the main thing I was interested in, but will probably find bits and pieces to watch.

Aze

#78 K1LL3M

K1LL3M

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts

Posted Today, 07:42 AM

Im keen for the streaming revolution, but it has to be able to deliver the quality and sound necessary. None of us spend 1000's or 10's of 1000's on our gear to settle for convenient, but second rate source material.

I like that netflix is here and hopefully its successful because its a step in the right direction. But for me, i think they need to improve the compression codecs, maybe h265 will help here, and we need to have the services to deliver it, both of which I think are coming closer now that we have a service that legitimately demands ot