2 replies to this topic

#1 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

Hi ...

I have the Foxtel IQ2 and looking closely at the IQ3..which seems to be delayed forever ;)

And my old DVR is up for replacement...

Anybody with any thoughts on the Beyonwiz T3?

Cheers

KW

#2 BuffySlayer

BuffySlayer

AV Forum Member

• 39 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

Hi KW,
Since no one else has chimed in, I'll give you my 2 cents worth. I can't really compare the T3 to any current PVR's, as I've gone from one Beyonwiz product (DP-P1) to the T3.
I'll start by saying that it's not for the faint hearted. If you want something easy to use straight out of the box, this probably isn't the unit for you. I would describe it as more for the tech savvy tinkerer. If you have the patience to go onto the Beyonwiz forum, there are some good how to videos and very knowledgeable people who are very generous with helping people out. It took me a good couple of weeks to get it updated, fave channels, networking shares etc all set up and working ok. Some of this was definitely due to being an early adopter, as the unit was released way too early (but that's another story)
But, once up and running, it's great. I have the extra usb tuner, and with that, can record 8 or more shows at once. I also have icetv, which I love, but some don't see the value of. Each to their own on that one.
Would I recommend it? If you are a TV nut like me and record heaps of shows, then yes. Otherwise, not really.

#3 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

Buff, mate, thank you...couldnt have asked for a better articulation of whether I should or should not buy it...I love tinkering with tech stuff....so maybe...but on the other hand, do I have the time to that anymore, perhaps not...

Nice explanation...much appreciated...(Im beginning to like the T3 already!!)