John Wick - Aussie Release

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Parsec

Parsec

AV Forum Member

• 53 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

Anyone know where I can find out if the Australian release of this movie will be with a Dolby Atmos track?

Being Village Roadshow, I wouldn't hold my breath. Just that if it's not going to be with Atmos here, I'll get it from Amazon since it has Atmos audio for both UK/USA releases.

#2 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

I was at JB hi fi twice this week, and with the prices I saw, I would say keep buying off amazon... In fact I have far more region A discs, than region B.

#3 Mr_Independent

Mr_Independent

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

Anyone know where I can find out if the Australian release of this movie will be with a Dolby Atmos track?

Being Village Roadshow, I wouldn't hold my breath. Just that if it's not going to be with Atmos here, I'll get it from Amazon since it has Atmos audio for both UK/USA releases.

I have just ordered this from Amazon in the US (on it's way as we speak) it does indeed have a "Atmos" audio track.

I rarely buy any Blu Rays from Australia anymore, as the US versions are much better presented, far cheaper and far more "Collectable"

Like with most things produced in Oz, it is all about profit and making the cheapst product possible for the consumer at an over inflated price...

#4 Quark

Quark

AV Forum Member

• 3,766 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

Being Roadshow, it's just as likely to be released here with a lossy Dolby Digital soundtrack.

#5 Tom Tom

Tom Tom

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

Being Roadshow, it's just as likely to be released here with a lossy Dolby Digital soundtrack.

Yeah I still remember I bought The Mask on DVD from Village Roadshow back then and it was cropped to 4:3 and 2 channel audio  :angry2:

#6 Quark

Quark

AV Forum Member

• 3,766 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:23 PM

Yeah I still remember I bought The Mask on DVD from Village Roadshow back then and it was cropped to 4:3 and 2 channel audio  :angry2:

Hey, don't knock it - they probably negotiated lower royalties that way!  Nothing like scraping every little bit of extra profit.

#7 Mr_Independent

Mr_Independent

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:14 PM

Finally arrived late last week - Watched it on the weekend, great sound!

I don't have a Dolby Atmos speaker set up myself, but it rocked through my M&K 7.1 speakers I do have... 

The little Dolby Atmos trailer at the start is a really good one too, even without Dolby Atmos!

#8 mwd

mwd

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,524 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:20 PM

Pretty good action flick too if you like shootumups.  A one man killing machine.

#9 Eli

Eli

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:53 PM

Finally arrived late last week - Watched it on the weekend, great sound!

I don't have a Dolby Atmos speaker set up myself, but it rocked through my M&K 7.1 speakers I do have... 

The little Dolby Atmos trailer at the start is a really good one too, even without Dolby Atmos!

Apologies if you've mentioned before, but is the disc region free or do you have a modded player?