5 replies to this topic

#1 Rotel_RMB1095

Rotel_RMB1095

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hi All,

I picked up a HC6800 projector recently off gumtree that hasn't been used in a while, it was stated as having a recently installed new bulb. All was good and got it home, went to check the bulb and its at 1529 hours. 

I didn't even think to ask how many hours it had but 1529 is a lot for a "new bulb".

Just hoping someone may have a OEM bulb (even if its in an aftermarket housing), don't mind even if its got a bit of life on it or brand new as a spare.

Just feeling quite stupid for not asking about the lamp time before buying it. Today hasn't been a very good day at all (for more than one reason) :(

Edited by Rotel_RMB1095, 17 December 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#2 Sub25

Sub25

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 AM

I think @ 1529hrs there is still plenty of lamp life left. some people use that much hours just in 6 months time

Or it could be the lamp timer hasnt reset after he put the new lamp.

#3 Rotel_RMB1095

Rotel_RMB1095

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:07 AM

I think @ 1529hrs there is still plenty of lamp life left. some people use that much hours just in 6 months time

Or it could be the lamp timer hasnt reset after he put the new lamp.

Yeah its just that the listing did say that it has recently had a new bulb installed, for me recent would be only a few weeks at most (maybe 100 or so hours). 1539 has been well and truly used haha.

Its on low brightness so its only 33% through its life so far (4000w claimed) but i'd like to see if i can find a few spares. Sorta dulled the experience as I thought I didn't have to change the bulb for a long time. I like to start with a fresh new bulb :)

Adrian

#4 Jamo8

Jamo8

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:24 AM

Did you query regarding the lamp usage with the seller since it is well & truly used ? For me that is misleading ad if it mentioned that recently installed with new bulb.

also, why didn't you check when you  inspect the projector ?

1539 has been well and truly used haha.

#5 Rotel_RMB1095

Rotel_RMB1095

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:54 AM

Did you query regarding the lamp usage with the seller since it is well & truly used ? For me that is misleading ad if it mentioned that recently installed with new bulb.

also, why didn't you check when you  inspect the projector ?

Yeah it was misleading, the guy said "you should have asked me what the bulb life was". That is true but he shouldn't have mislead in the first place. I presumed a recent new bulb would have low enough to not fuss asking. But to see 1500+ is quite disappointing. 

It was a long drive to get to his place, I think I just wanted to pick it up and go (trusted it was all working too as I didn't see it running). Luckily it works ok though, paid about $800 for it in the end.

#6 mttel

mttel

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 PM

Just hoping someone may have a OEM bulb (even if its in an aftermarket housing), don't mind even if its got a bit of life on it or brand new as a spare.

You can get a globe only and use the existing housing for about $250 from my projector lamps. I am just about to install a second globe from them in my HC7000, current globe is almost at 4000 hours and getting a bit dim and lasted longer than the original which died at 2300 hours.