• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 K1LL3M

K1LL3M

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:15 AM

I'm a lil bit late to the party on this one, but have just finished watching it.

The LFE is ..... destructive

Its the first movie where I have considered turning it down out of concern for both the subs and even the house. I actually did turn it down at one point but quickly came to my senses and turned it back up, plus another 2 for being a wimp. I did not however watch it at reference as it would have been painfully, not enjoyably, loud. I think it ended up about -8.5

I have to say despite any concerns the 4 F2s handled it without complaint and reminded me why I like these subs so much and the rep they have; especially when my big heavy 3 seater lounge on a concrete floor is vibrating like crazy and doors are rattling so bad I swear I was in the seat of that dam ship.

Interested to hear how loud other folks watched it and how the gear went

As for the story/movie, it was good but maybe a bit overhyped. Visuals and soundtrack could do with some more hype though

#77 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,679 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:31 AM

I'm a lil bit late to the party on this one, but have just finished watching it.

The LFE is ..... destructive

Its the first movie where I have considered turning it down out of concern for both the subs and even the house. I actually did turn it down at one point but quickly came to my senses and turned it back up, plus another 2 for being a wimp. I did not however watch it at reference as it would have been painfully, not enjoyably, loud. I think it ended up about -8.5

I have to say despite any concerns the 4 F2s handled it without complaint and reminded me why I like these subs so much and the rep they have; especially when my big heavy 3 seater lounge on a concrete floor is vibrating like crazy and doors are rattling so bad I swear I was in the seat of that dam ship.

Interested to hear how loud other folks watched it and how the gear went

As for the story/movie, it was good but maybe a bit overhyped. Visuals and soundtrack could do with some more hype though

Watched it at minus 12 with Buddha on my system mate and yeah it's up there.

Like you when I seen it the first time thought it was ove rhyped, when I watched it second time round that opinion changed and I realised just how good it is.....................

#78 Jutta

Jutta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

I love it. It looks amazing. Sounds amazing. And the story for me was very good.
I watched also at -10 and got -8
I started at -4 and quickly changed it.
Twin PSA XS30's relished it though. Vertical blinds vibrating. I swear the the lounge hovered for some scenes

#79 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

Watched it at minus 12 with Buddha on my system mate and yeah it's up there.

Like you when I seen it the first time thought it was ove rhyped, when I watched it second time round that opinion changed and I realised just how good it is.....................

I enjoyed watching it on your system mate....XS30's pounding when that rocket took off....one of the best movies of the year for me....and yes 2nd viewing was even better than the first for me too :)

#80 K1LL3M

K1LL3M

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:54 PM

Seems like its a movie thats better the second time.

Will certainly give a another run, just for the LFE if no other reason.

And Jutta, I agree re the lounge. It was the most realistic inclusive in a part of a movie, rocket/space flight scene I've experienced.

I still dont think I could do this one at reference though, the audio does seem pretty hot

#81 BuffySlayer

BuffySlayer

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:57 PM

I'm a bit late to the party on this one too. Just watched for the first time last night. Really enjoyed the movie, and agree that there are some great immersive moments. Only negative was the changing aspect, tried to ignore it but it annoyed the crap out of me. I wish they would just stick to one or the other.