Ten biggest mistakes of HT shopping

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 argento

argento

AV Forum Member

• 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

My second post and I still cannot create a new topic. Apologies for posting this here but it's the closest thread I found for seeking the advice I'd like. I saw this posted on a board and I really don't know much about the topic so I wanted to ask for your advice if this is a good deal.
What about this? Is this good value for money for a home theater system?

Panasonic Blu-ray Home Theatre with iPod Dock
Full-HD -High Def playback: 1080/24p playback capability with P4HD
built in decoders for dolby digital plus, dolby trueHD, DTS-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio
Integrated Universal Dock for iPod
High power 1000W (RMS)
Viera cast- allows viewing internet content from your blu ray home theatre
RRP 1099, he's selling for 750

#77 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forum Member

• 23,206 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

You need to get your post count to 5.

Use the red text threads to post a few dummy posts to get you there.

Link Primary Red Text Thread

#78 hish

hish

AV Forum Member

• 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:24 PM

very useful article! I sent it to a friend who was thinking of buying a HT setup.

#79 avgeek

avgeek

AV Forum Member

• 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:04 AM

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know about a new store I went to on the weekend. They are called the Big picture people located in the Super centre at Robina. I didnít even know they existed apparently they have been there since Xmas last year.
Anyway they have an amazing store with lots of rooms set up so you can have a really good look. All the stuff they carry is really good quality too none of the cheap stuff like JB or Harveyís.
Has anyone else been here? I'm surprised itís never been mentioned on here before. :D

#80 Johnny.Boy

Johnny.Boy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:10 AM

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know about a new store I went to on the weekend. They are called the Big picture people located in the Super centre at Robina. I didnít even know they existed apparently they have been there since Xmas last year.
Anyway they have an amazing store with lots of rooms set up so you can have a really good look. All the stuff they carry is really good quality too none of the cheap stuff like JB or Harveyís.
Has anyone else been here? I'm surprised itís never been mentioned on here before. :D

Reported as possible spam.
Not a wise opening post

#81 avgeek

avgeek

AV Forum Member

• 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

Reported as possible spam.
Not a wise opening post

First time user we all make mistakes.

#82 Bokad

Bokad

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

First time user we all make mistakes.

Yeah i did also go there a few weeks ago & you are right, their store was amazing & for the first time in a ling time the sales staff actually knew what they were talking about & gave us an amazing demo in their 3d room.
Very impressed. I am currently building & will definately be heading back to BPP Robina for my home cinema once the house nears completion.
5 Star..........

#83 sharka60

sharka60

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

Yeah i did also go there a few weeks ago & you are right, their store was amazing & for the first time in a ling time the sales staff actually knew what they were talking about & gave us an amazing demo in their 3d room.
Very impressed. I am currently building & will definately be heading back to BPP Robina for my home cinema once the house nears completion.
5 Star..........

Recommend to stay away from BPP, they take money, close shop over night, many phone calls later promise a refund (never received) then go insolvent - www.insolvencyappointments.com.au/.../eda-enterprises-pty-ltd-for... - Cached3 days ago - EDA Enterprises Pty Ltd formerly t/as Big Picture People Ballarat has a record in VIC, Voluntary Administrations.

#84 Mainee

Mainee

AV Forum Member

• 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for the article, many good points.   Wish I had of read this before I bought my first system.