BrigateRossoNeri

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

Look Sales guy your missing the point:
ie
Im about to buy a house with my new wife and i have a budget of 10k to furnish

and 10k for White and blackgoods... microwave wash dryer fridge tv home theatre dvd rec ETC...

if you think im not gonna go to at least 2 clive peters, 2 good guys and retro visions and give everyone the chance to offer me a good quote youre mad...
will i go back and see who is more keen to meet prices of course ITS MY GODAM MONEY IM SPENDING AND 10K is a BIG ONE HIT

FYI most sales guys ive come across were brainless dicks:
'Carlos from Good guys DFO MELB = Dick' (wont budge on anything basically in the wrong industry when i see him i ask for justin LOL)
'Justin form good guys DFO - Champ' (LEGEND will under cost virtually any expensive white or black goods and has all the time in the world for you)

i once got a free pair of components thrown in on my phillips match line 6 years ago when i bought it.
only after i explain to sales guy what COMPONENT CABLE is which means a) guy was a **** titeass salesman or B) was a hack who dint know his product

eitherway i got the tv to 800 from 1100 and my components (not bad for a 19 year old at the time LOL)
why because i was spending the cash!

#52 jmtheo

jmtheo

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

Look Sales guy your missing the point:
ie
Im about to buy a house with my new wife and i have a budget of 10k to furnish

and 10k for White and blackgoods... microwave wash dryer fridge tv home theatre dvd rec ETC...

if you think im not gonna go to at least 2 clive peters, 2 good guys and retro visions and give everyone the chance to offer me a good quote youre mad...
will i go back and see who is more keen to meet prices of course ITS MY GODAM MONEY IM SPENDING AND 10K is a BIG ONE HIT

FYI most sales guys ive come across were brainless dicks:
'Carlos from Good guys DFO MELB = Dick' (wont budge on anything basically in the wrong industry when i see him i ask for justin LOL)
'Justin form good guys DFO - Champ' (LEGEND will under cost virtually any expensive white or black goods and has all the time in the world for you)

i once got a free pair of components thrown in on my phillips match line 6 years ago when i bought it.
only after i explain to sales guy what COMPONENT CABLE is which means a) guy was a **** titeass salesman or B) was a hack who dint know his product

eitherway i got the tv to 800 from 1100 and my components (not bad for a 19 year old at the time LOL)
why because i was spending the cash!

Ah, the Golden Rule... He who has the Gold makes the Rules! :D

#53 BrigateRossoNeri

BrigateRossoNeri

AV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hell yea, sales guy should become a musician
then he can play his violin all day long!!!

he seems to forget!
just as it thier job to do the best for who they work for
its our duty to put our hard earnds to the best work we can !!!

man if i walk into a shop and someone gives me that (bla bla bla its not fair you cant play us retilaers off against one another BS for your money!!!)
what do you think will happen

ill go fine forget it! ill go to another one of your chain stores and try there... then ring them and embares you or tell your boss who some ididot sales guy just lost his biznes 10k of sales if they looked after some guy and his mises for an hour!

HE WITH THE CASH MAKES THE RULES! HELL YE I DONT LIKE YOUR OFFER I WALK you think you can guilt some one in a mark up purchase? what kind of salesman are you ? what seminar did they teach you this **** approach? you must work for harvey norman LOL (yes i said it THERE THE WORST AND THERE SLAES TEAM ARE HACKS)

#54 Mitcon

Mitcon

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 05:45 PM

Hmmm, it's hard to listen to the vendor as they are there to try and sell you something, it's rare a vendor will give you a non-bias point of view on a product. Too many vendors don't know their product well (they may think they do, oh yes I've been to many a "product night" with reps lol) and they will try to sell either the most expensive product they think they can sell to the consumer or they will try to push the product they get the best "spivies" (kick-back/bonus...etc..etc..) back from. I don't subscribe to the store that costs more is better because it gives you the best service point either. I know quite a few of my suppliers or places I buy from are the chespest around and I still get some of the best service (both before and after sales). You have to be careful and research anything or it's buyer beware, don't be fooled just because someone spends the most time with you that they have "Your" best interest at mind, there are some good folks who will but most of us are looking out for ourselves, simple as that !

I would always invite someone to do a little shopping around to look for a good/better deal, if you know your product well, have been helpful to someone and give them honest info & pricing and advise them to shop around 9 times out of 10 they come back to you anyway because if you truely are honest and do the best you can for them they can see/work this out for themself. Why do you need to charge more for the fact you gave good or true advice, the product still costs the same and you still get your commision or wage. Bah-humbug to the customer shutting up, we as sales people need to learn to "listen" to the customer so we can try to advise them better to what they need as often this is different from what they want.

The customer is hardly ever "right" as they old saying goes but they are your bread and butter, don't charge them more because you took time to speak to them. Do it because thats what your getting paid for and try to help them, understand their needs and provide service, they will always come back if you do this and then you will get far more custom. I do agree that the cheapest place isn't always the best, but the most expensive doesn't make it so either. Price of a product should reflect the product not the quality of sales service, customers should be given that full stop!

And yes this all comes from someone who used to work in the industry, when ever I sold anything the best advice I could give a customer was "shop around and ask as many questions as you can".

#55 eliaswhufc14

eliaswhufc14

AV Forums Member

• 63 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:17 PM

yes

#56 Hallzy

Hallzy

AV Forums Member

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

dude, there is a specific place to put crap posts to get your count up. This isn't that place.

#57 Mike Cason

Mike Cason

AV Forums Member

• 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:41 AM

I have a pair of vintage Kenwoods that still sound great, but after buying a 65" TV, they sounded small compared to the picture so I did the home theater speaker shopping thing. I came up empty handed. The high end stuff was very, very expensive and I didn't like the sounds. Great sales pitches though....

The regular brick and mortar retail stores had some of the speakers mentioned earlier and most of everything I heard was junk, pure junk! I didn't have 20k to throw into a pair of the high end speakers that didn't sound like I wanted them to either, so I decided to start slow and build my own. That has turned out to be a real winner.

Kits are available that have been tested and do very well, far exceeding the retail store floor models and for the same or less money and you get the fun of assembling them and learning.

I first built my mains in 1995, and in 2003 I got serious and studied on the internet and bought several books and kept learning. I've designed most of my speakers now which include the mains, subs, and center speaker, including the crossover designs. I've even re-desingned a pair of Bang & Olufsens vintage Redline 60's. Most have been rebuilt 4 to 6 times including the crossovers. I have drawers full of left over crossover parts. The high end salesmen I know very well around here won't come over for a demo. Hmmm?

Now I can sit in my living room and listen to my music concerts and movies as if I'm actually on the front row. The other speakers mentioned earlier in this thread couldn't make it. How about 120 dB virtually distortion free live concerts in your living room.

If you are patient, and have some basic skills.....give it a try. You may need to see a shrink later because it is very addicting. I just redesigned my center speaker's crossover again on the 10th of last month to tweak it some more. Most quality speaker builders do the same thing and that's why they have more and better models to sell you.

Happy speaker hunting fellows... ;)

#58 DaveL

DaveL

AV Forums Member

• 56 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

Yes - how did it sound???

I was approached a few months back in Mornington and elsewhere (can't remember where).

Did hear a rumour a large proportion of these guys run almost as a franchisee originating in the US.

Same deals occur in the UK and Europe.

#59 The Elysian Fields

The Elysian Fields

AV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:18 PM

I'm thinking of buying some JBL LS Series speakers what receiver would be suitable for this set up, and what sort of money are we looking at ?

2x JBL LS 80s
2x JBL LS 40s
1x JBL LS center
1x JBL LS 120P SUB

Sorry if I have posted into the wrong channel etc. :)

#60 AndrewW

AndrewW

AV Forums Member

• 14,237 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

My god, there's more of them.

Reported.

#61 stahc

stahc

AV Forums Member

• Banned
  • 6,340 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

hard to believe shoes would be one of the top ten mistakes :o

#62 dorift

dorift

AV Forums Member

• 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

Hey all...

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm just curious, I would like to start my own thread so that I can get some input from the guru's on here as to how to set up my home theatre, but the forum says I do not have permission to start a new topic?
I'll admit I'm pretty terrible at reading all the T&C's when signing up, but how do I go about being able to start a new topic? On other forums you usually have to reply a certain number of threads to show participation, but I don't want to spam away for no reason unless I've got something constructive to say.

Sorry if I've picked a dumb thread to post this in, but my dilemma sort of relates to HT shopping. I'm looking for a new AV receiver but I'm not sure exactly how to set up what I want, thus, I can't fully decide what to purchase. I need some advice, and therefore would like to start a new topic of my own.

:)

#63 flukeyluke

flukeyluke

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:45 PM

Get some posts up first mate (5??) and you will be right to go.

#64 dorift

dorift

AV Forums Member

• 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:50 PM

Just 5 eh?

Well I feel a bit stupid if thats the case.

But understand what I mean... I didn't just want to post for the sake of it. And most of the stuff I've read, other people have a better idea than me :)

#65 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forums Member

• 23,205 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

Just 5 eh?

Post three more here

Primary Red Text Thread

That's what it's for.

#66 KB007

KB007

AV Forums Member

• 38 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:16 PM

thanks appreciate the info

#67 they08

they08

AV Forums Member

• 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

Ten Biggest mistakes Of Speaker and home theater shopping

#68 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forums Member

• 23,205 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

Ten Biggest mistakes Of Speaker and home theater shopping

If you are just looking to waste 5 posts do it here?

Primary Red Text Thread

Secondary Red Text Thread

#69 mtv

mtv

AV Forums Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:33 PM

SPAM in sig link reported

#70 50MXE20

50MXE20

AV Forums Member

• 23,205 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

SPAM in sig link reported

I like your sig though!

Can't start a new thread or use PM?
You need a minimum of 5 posts to avtivate those features. You can get your post count up
HERE.

#71 nang3

nang3

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

biggest mistake i've made time and time again is to underestimate how much over budget my new item will end up being hahaha.. thankfully i've stopped making my other mistake of telling the mrs how much the original budget estimate is instead of overinflating it to cover the inevitable budget breakage

#72 Hemulen

Hemulen

AV Forums Member

• 17 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

What ever happened to the mob that used to do this? A few years ago I had them approach me 3 times in a as many months at different melbourne shopping centres.

Were they finally put out of business?

Where are they? Try "speakers for sale" on ebay. No great shortage of the White Van Man there as far as I can tell.

#73 sensatav

sensatav

AV Forums Member

• 8 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:55 PM

cool , that will come in handy in the near future ( i hope , after my pay rise :P )

#74 Guest_calieigh_*

Guest_calieigh_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hi.
Cool.

#75 Bluegum

Bluegum

AV Forums Member

• 12 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

My biggest mistake was not buying a bigger TV - I got a 46" when I should have gone 52 or 55