Into The Storm

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,433 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

Just got back from seeing this ... I am likely to get banned from the forum for saying this, but:

I think there might be too much bass in it!

Seriously!  I am not sure I want to run my SubM on loud, windy rumbling for what amounts to half the film ... I bet this will be filtered on BD as it has the potential to destroy subs!

Other than that is was a LOT better than I was expecting and definitely not a remake of Twister.

Once it started I was hooked and it all seems to finish too soon - a good sign for a popcorn flick.

#2 709er

709er

AV Forum Member

• 3,622 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:16 PM

That's great Chops!

Into the Storm being released inspired yet another re-watch of Twister last night, which held up very well.

I'll grab Into the Storm on blu, just because  you can't go wrong with a good ol' disaster flik :)

#3 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,433 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:48 PM

It is a serous Storm Ride Ruth! .... I was really not expecting it to be much good

#4 Sands

Sands

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

What subs are you running Chops. Qty, size and wattage,

#5 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,433 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:08 PM

1 x Seaton F2i .... 3600 watts iirc.

I think you might have missed my point.

There is so much persistent rumbling in this film i am not sure the average sub will survive it ... Especially not at reference levels.

#6 Sands

Sands

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:38 PM

Never had the pleasure of listening to these Seaton's. But they must be pretty good,
The wife has been wanting to see Into the Storm, must make the effort.

#7 Jutta

Jutta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

Went to see this on cheapy night last night. 

I was surprised. Was expecting a 2/5 movie. I'd give it a 3/5

Bass not overdone in my local Chopsus - but then I'm always underwhelmed by their setup. Mind you the picture is always good. 

#8 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,433 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:27 AM

Curious - we copped a pretty consistent rumble/thump show everytime there was a storm, and our local is pretty hopeless on setup too ... actually this is the first time I have been impressed by the bass in their main theater.

#9 fawlty99

fawlty99

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:25 PM

... Especially not at reference levels.

At reference levels my roof is lifting for just about any action film. The misssus insists in 20db or less all the time. Bah humbug.

#10 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,433 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:22 PM

I can usually sneak it up to -5 ... But often get busted.

#11 Jutta

Jutta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,012 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:49 PM

What's reference on the denon units. Used to the number ramping down to -10 etc for the Yamaha? 0.0 was true reference correct on those???The denon x4000 goes up

#12 Tom Tom

Tom Tom

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:52 PM

Funny that, my misses always wanted louder, whenever I ask her more bass? I'll get a " YES please!", I find it painfully loud at Crown Dolby Atmos theatre, my ears were hurting, at home I could only manage -8 so far, but with Pacific Rim I could only manage -10, anything above that my ears would hurt.

#13 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted Today, 01:21 AM

What's reference on the denon units. Used to the number ramping down to -10 etc for the Yamaha? 0.0 was true reference correct on those???The denon x4000 goes up

Just go into the menu and change the volume setting mate so it reads 0db (reference) as the sound gets turned up (so the same as the Yammy). I just recently changed Cowboyswing's Denon as his was counting up too, can't remember exact details but the option to have it count down to 0db as the volume increases will be there.