Changes To Foxtel Packages Soon

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#201 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,311 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:52 PM

There was some discussion earlier in this thread about whether you can request a change prior to 3 November.

I have established that no only can you request a change but you can also cancel the request.  I needed to do this today.  I had originally requested to switch to one of the new package combinations, but changed my mind.  When I called again today, the agent was able to call up my file and "uncheck" the box requesting the change.

I've decided to wait until after I see exactly what I will be getting at no extra cost on my current plan before making any change.

Good move you were going to be shafted.

#202 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

I've decided to wait until after I see exactly what I will be getting at no extra cost on my current plan before making any change.

I know what I'm getting. Two 'free' box office movies.

If I cancel Platinum and get everything but 'Kids' I save $14 per month. That's what I want but told I can't until after 3 Nov and the change won't apply until my next billing cycle.

Maybe I'll ring again and try another sales guy. Last one said if I changed from Platinum after 3 Nov I wouldn't be able to change back in the future. I suspect fowl play.

Edited by HomerJ, 17 October 2014 - 08:32 AM.

#203 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,311 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:27 PM

If I cancel Platinum and get everything but 'Kids' I save $14 per month. That's what I want but told I can't until after 3 Nov and the change won't apply until my next billing cycle.

Maybe I'll ring again and try another sales guy. Last one said if I changed from Platinum after 3 Nov I wouldn't be able to change back in the future. I suspect fail play.

Depends on your billing cycle,if its after the 3rd of every month(mines the 13) then you can ring and change and it will come into effect before dec. eg. I could ring between the 3rd and 12th and be put on new plan in nov.I thru my letter out but sure it said you can ring and change plans some time late in oct.

#204 redhenry

redhenry

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:16 PM

Maybe I'll ring again and try another sales guy. Last one said if I changed from Platinum after 3 Nov I wouldn't be able to change back in the future. I suspect fowl play.

I was told this too - but of course it's rubbish. If I want to go back on to Platinum HD I can. You just ring up and say "Platinum HD please."

Same price and same deal. You were getting every channel for $134 now and after November 3 you will STILL get every channel for $134 a month????

The only difference is that you will be locked in to that 12 months (no biggie) and you will get the two 'free; movies until Dec 2015 as a Platinum customer.

I called to cancel 'Kids' and save the $14 a month and was told 'After Nov 3" and that most Platinum Customers are excited about the new deal! Yeah, sure. She also tried like crazy to sell me on the Boxsets channel (Which I will get under my downgrade), plus the two freebies which don't blow my frock up, and then tried to sell me a second box.

I was exhausted by the end of it. LOL

#205 duke

duke

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:39 PM

It's a disgrace that there has been no change to the platinum price. Even with 3 HD boxes they give you nothing except two lousy movies.

#206 redhenry

redhenry

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:43 PM

It's a disgrace that there has been no change to the platinum price. Even with 3 HD boxes they give you nothing except two lousy movies.

Which come to the movie package after a short time anyway.

A part of me wonders if they've just forgotten to really look at the Platinum 'deal' once it was pointed out that it was $4 more than the individual packages and just can't be arsed making any kind of pitch for us to stay Platinum.

I know I'll be dropping "Kids" and saving $14 a month. Not a life changer I know but hey - it's still better in my pocket.

Edited by redhenry, Yesterday, 04:46 PM.