Changes To Foxtel Packages Soon

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#126 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forum Member

• 3,094 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

How so? You'll get some additional channels from Nov 3 at no extra charge.

What's nonsensical?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

31 extra channels not related to the current package (Including a massive one in Showcase), for no extra charge!! Foxtel doesn't do this........

#127 I Follow PAFC

I Follow PAFC

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:45 PM

fox_zps424ef02d.jpg

#128 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,687 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

31 extra channels not related to the current package (Including a massive one in Showcase), for no extra charge!! Foxtel doesn't do this........

I think you'll find most of the 31 are re-arranging the deck chairs. You'll get a couple of extra ones and the boxset channel. Keeping your current subscription (with extras) will cost more than moving to the same channels (without extras) on the new pricing scheme.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload, 16 September 2014 - 09:54 PM.

#129 Brisbie

Brisbie

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:01 AM

I'm wondering if we people on the Seniors Package will get a letter. 

#130 chewygumby

chewygumby

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

As I get the lot what will my bonus be

#131 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,687 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:30 AM

I'm wondering if we people on the Seniors Package will get a letter. 

Can't see why not. Nothing special about the seniors package persay. Its just another variation of Foxtel marketing.

Besides you'll be getting new channels and the boxset at no extra cost, so I'm sure Foxtel will be eager to let everyone know.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#132 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,687 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:31 AM

We'll you get the new boxset channels and I think you'll find your monthly price drops a bit if you switch to the new scheme.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#133 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

You're like me, I don't think we get a zac (unless you count the two movies you can download, but it's really only one movie as anyone who has the movies pack gets one movie too, so it's basically a $6 movie for $4! And that's assuming you watch one)

#134 chewygumby

chewygumby

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:02 AM

I thinking of getting Showtime without the movies to save me $20

#135 elvis wallman

elvis wallman

AV Forum Member

• 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

You're like me, I don't think we get a zac (unless you count the two movies you can download, but it's really only one movie as anyone who has the movies pack gets one movie too, so it's basically a $6 movie for $4! And that's assuming you watch one)

I too am on Platinum HD but I'm pretty sure you don't get any free movies yet. Used to be the case some time ago. Do you know something i don't?

#136 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

I too am on Platinum HD but I'm pretty sure you don't get any free movies yet. Used to be the case some time ago. Do you know something i don't?

From early November when the new pricing comes in Platinum will include 2 movies again (although they're not 'free', all the packs added together comes to $130, platinum is $134)

#137 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forum Member

• 3,094 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

fox_zps424ef02d.jpg

Mine.

http://i.imgur.com/MPm2YGk.jpg

They look like new channels to me? Not that I'd make use of many of them. But Showcase is huge as it means Game of Thrones on a big TV, in surround sound (as oppose to putting up with inferior quality downloads prior to the BD's becoming available).

#138 HTPCFreak

HTPCFreak

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

Mine.

http://i.imgur.com/MPm2YGk.jpg

They look like new channels to me? Not that I'd make use of many of them. But Showcase is huge as it means Game of Thrones on a big TV, in surround sound (as oppose to putting up with inferior quality downloads prior to the BD's becoming available).

It's the same as mine. The bonuses are quite significant (31 channels I don't currently have access to, worth $26 per month under the new pricing, minus BoxSets), since I used to pay $20+ more for these channels last year before downgrading to Essential + Sports + HD, and Showcase was the one channel in the previous movie pack that I had actually wanted (for the HBO stuff).

The new $25 base pack removes quite a lot of channels, including SoHo and FX (moves to $20 Drama); Disney, Cartoon Networks and Nickelodeon (movies to $10 Kids), and Lifestyle You (moves to $10 Entertainment Plus), replacing some with other channels. The bonus offer attempts to gives you back all of these lost channels by giving you the entire add-on pack that these channels will now be part of (plus the new $10 Docos pack as well, for some).

So the sweet spot might be for those that do not have any of the General Entertainment packs ("Documentary & Adventure", "Drama & Lifestyle" and "Kids & Music"), as you may get up to 31 extra channels in your bonus offer. The offer becomes less and less generous the more General Entertainment packs you have (although Foxtel offers you BoxSets as compensation if you have one of these packs).

#139 thomfam

thomfam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

I am considering swapping to the Seniors Pack prior to November 3rd.  When someone currently with the seniors pack gets their letter can you please post here what has been added to the package please.  I am currently with essentials, sport and HD at a reduced $60 rate. 

So the 'seniors package with a few better channels in the basic package for $1 more than I currently pay seems an attractive way to go prior Nov 3rd. 

After Nov 3rd, the seniors pack will no longer be available to new subscribers.

#140 Brisbie

Brisbie

AV Forum Member

• 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:25 AM

Will do thomfam, still waiting for my letter.