• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 aad_ht

aad_ht

AV Forum Member

• 57 posts

Posted Today, 12:22 AM

Hey all,
I'm hoping to find a second hand 1080P projector with hdmi input. Budget around $400-$700

Hoping for a low bulb life and a decent contrast ratio

If you have one for sale please let me know

I'm also on the hunt for a 100+ inch fixed 16:9 projection screen if you have one available. After a cheaper one, not too fussed with brand and quality

Edited by aad_ht, Today, 12:49 PM.

#2 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted Today, 01:41 AM

Damn, I just sold my Benq yesterday, $300 with less than 150hrs on it. My daughter was on FB and said someone wanted a projector so I sold it. What's the odds I could have sold it twice in less than 12hrs lol? Tried here a while back and no one wanted it.

#3 figjam

figjam

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted Today, 07:23 AM

W1070 refurb?

http://shop.benq.com...efurbished.html

#4 keith243

keith243

AV Forum Member

• 54 posts

Posted Today, 09:38 AM

aad_ht i would not get anything else but the w1070, recieved mine day ago now, splashed into onto a pinky coloured cupboard wall, with a sub par ripped video input and man was it awesome just like that, i checked out what harvey norman was offering in there ht room, to me the benq was upto scratch with the $3500 projector they had going and was better then the other lower priced ones they had. Count your pennies, save the change and grab a benq w1070, 

office works will beat any price by 5%, so find the cheapest benq w1070 for sale right now in australia, show it to them and they will beat that price by a further 5%, can easily get the thing for $800-$900 or grab a referbed one which is right on par with your max price of budget. 

Or put a wanted up on here but the w1070 is the way to go. I nearly cried the first time i turned mine on.  :thumbsup:

Edited by keith243, Today, 09:41 AM.

#5 aad_ht

aad_ht

AV Forum Member

• 57 posts

Posted Today, 12:52 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedback and ideas towards some projectors to look into

I added that I am also looking for a 100+ inch fixed 16:9 projection screen if you have one available. After a cheaper one, not too fussed with brand and quality

#6 Jamo8

Jamo8

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted Today, 01:06 PM

I added that I am also looking for a 100+ inch fixed 16:9 projection screen if you have one available. After a cheaper one, not too fussed with brand and quality

http://www.thecablec...tor-screen.html

You may get discount if you tell them you are from DTV forum.

#7 Cowboyswing

Cowboyswing

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted Today, 01:33 PM

Thanks everyone for your feedback and ideas towards some projectors to look into

Definitely check with TCC. I purchased one of their 110" screens in June and it is fantastic. Definite value for money there. Easy to assemble and quick delivery if u need that also. As jamo said, mention dtv and there may still be a discount.

#8 Eli

Eli

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted Today, 02:24 PM

I have a Mitsubishi HC3800 which I'm not really using, low hours 400 or so. Still in 2 minds what to do with it but would probably sell at the top end of your budget. I realise the 1070 as mentioned is up there and would contain warranty etc, but thought I would mention mine anyway.