• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Does foxtel charge for a replacement remote .as I  have been told, and if so why as these units are only rented not owned.If so

what is the cost for a replacement as our is so flakey its not a joke.

Edited by nutmeg1, 21 July 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#2 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

Yeah they do and I think it's $50, don't quote me on that I just remember a few yrs ago I enquired as we misplaced ours and fairly certain they said $50

#3 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,289 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Just buy yourself a harmony 650, will do a heap more besides everything the fox remote does.

http://www.logitechs...650-remote.html

#4 Dar123

Dar123

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

Probably depends on whether you have lost or damaged the remote or whether the product is faulty.

If faulty, I'd be firm and request a replacement.

You can get 'foxtel' remotes on ebay for about $30 but not sure how good they are.

Or as Wheelz suggests, get a proper one and call it your own :)

#5 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

The reason I am asking is that the remote we have is the black one as the old grey one failed,but now when you push the buttons

the light shows on the front of the box but does not respond properly.The batteries have been replaced to see if this was the

problem but made no difference.Will have to ring foxtel and see what I can arrange.

Thanks for the replies.

#6 agelessgoodguy

agelessgoodguy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

Best thing to do is kick the Foxtel box but leave no marks then ring them up and ask for a replacement "seems it stopped working correctly" because that's what your describing here in fact or you'll quit paying their bills, this way you get their newest receiver and a new remote. Works every time as they cannot afford to loose paying clients. But maybe you don't want to go this far?

You have tried resetting the receiver?

Edited by agelessgoodguy, 21 July 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#7 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

Just rang foxtel and they wanted to charge me $29 for a replacement,but when I explained that I had a replacement before that did not cost me

they checked their records and agreed to replace it for free.All I have to do is send the old remote back in a pre paid pack they are supplying

with the new remote.

The person I spoke to was very helpful unlike some that I have had to deal with in the past.

#8 Dar123

Dar123

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Another happy customer :)

#9 Overlytaxed

Overlytaxed

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:15 AM

You done well Nutmeg. My folks remote was playing up a couple of months ago. I rang up on their behalf and was eventually offered one at half price, i.e $15. Initially they wanted $30 for it.