audio corruption channel 11

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ozzie_fred

ozzie_fred

AV Forum Member

• 52 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Something has changed at Channel 11 on 11 June, and since then the audio has been breaking up badly on my DigiCrystal/SuperNet PVR (SD only).  Strangely Channel 10 is not affected.  My signal strength and quality is good.  The same thing happened with some of the SBS channels quite a while back.

So does anybody here know what Ten Network Holdings have done and if it is to be permanent?

#2 M'bozo

M'bozo

AV Forum Member

• 2,825 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

Reset the PVR to factory settings, & retune the channels to see if this fixes it.

#3 ozzie_fred

ozzie_fred

AV Forum Member

• 52 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Reset the PVR to factory settings, & retune

Thanks for the suggestion but it did not make any difference.

The fact that 10 is OK  but 11 is bad (and 14 and 15 even worse (but who cares about marketing channels?)) indicates that TNH have done something specific to the coding of these subchannels and whatever it is is incompatible with my PVR(s).  Other brands of STBs and PVRs at my place are unaffected.

The same corrrupted audio is on 32 and 33 but not on 34 (or even 30 (even though it is a SD STB it picks up the audio OK on 30 which is HD))

#4 Z2TT

Z2TT

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:07 AM

Edited by Z2TT, 28 June 2014 - 12:09 AM.

#5 ozzie_fred

ozzie_fred

AV Forum Member

• 52 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 12:15 AM

Z2TT, you asked if there were any video affects.....none that I have noticed, the corruption is just in the audio.

Edited by ozzie_fred, 28 June 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#6 M'bozo

M'bozo

AV Forum Member

• 2,825 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

It's possible the stations have made changes to the transport stream that the PVR can not cope with.

Since the PVR is no longer supported with updates, & your other devices are working fine, then you are most likely stuck with it.

I have a couple of customers with devices that fall over whenever stations fiddle, a reset & retune fixes them, which is why I suggested it.

I am surprised the PVR is still going, I would have expected capacitors in the power supply, if nothing else, to have given up by now. You must have a good one. (Or it's been fixed.)

#7 ozzie_fred

ozzie_fred

AV Forum Member

• 52 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

M'bozo, I totally agree.  They were/are geat machines...and yes I replace the 2 key electros every few years.

Also I have written to TNH as they are probably not aware that their fiddling impacts "customers".  It'll be interesting to see if they even respond.