petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

Is the 7702 out now?

Any word on street price?

Nien...

October according to Marantz UK, and you can bet your Super that it will be cheaper in Asia...

I have sms my sources to give me the heads up once the prices are released...

#28 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,721 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hmmm ... Will wait on word then Pete ... I was interested in the Yamaha, but the lack if XLRs for the subs has put me off.

#29 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hmmm ... Will wait on word then Pete ... I was interested in the Yamaha, but the lack if XLRs for the subs has put me off.

Do you mean the Yammie?

Because the 7702 has XLR for all outputs, including subs :)

I am asking if the dealers will do a combination price like what they did for the 8801 / 8807 and knock off another grand. That's the price of a ticket to SG for example..

Hopefully there will be some kind of promotion :hyper:

#30 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,721 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

Do you mean the Yammie?

Because the 7702 has XLR for all outputs, including subs :)

I am asking if the dealers will do a combination price like what they did for the 8801 / 8807 and knock off another grand. That's the price of a ticket to SG for example..

Hopefully there will be some kind of promotion :hyper:

I've been a put off the yammie because of the lack of XLRs for the subs, so yes the Marantz is the one to consider.

#31 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:56 PM

I've been a put off the yammie because of the lack of XLRs for the subs, so yes the Marantz is the one to consider.

The Yamahas give a nice sound, but their YPAO isn't as good IMHO as Audyssey.. YMMV..

#32 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

The 7009 is now listed on the Marantz UK website :

http://www.marantz.c...roductid=sr7009

#33 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

A indication of the feature list of the 2014-2015 models:
http://www.profitlin...yssey-Tiers.pdf

#34 Jutta

Jutta

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

So reading the guff on the links both the 7009 and 7702 can do 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 - am I interpreting that correctly? Is it saying that Atmos can't encode two independent subs yet, but you can run two as mono?? Or is it just keeping it simple in the documentation showing the LFE channel as .1????

The receiver shows the twin XLR sub outs (I'm sure it's there in the RCA outs too but my eyes can't read it tonight after 14 hrs at work) - will these only work independantly in TrHD and DTSMA????

Sorry, trying to get my head around it. I've only ever run 5.1/7.1 - just purchased twin subs.

And anyone care to take a swing at ballpark OZ prices????

Edited by Jutta, 30 July 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#35 K1LL3M

K1LL3M

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

So reading the guff on the links both the 7009 and 7702 can do 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 - am I interpreting that correctly? Is it saying that Atmos can't encode two independent subs yet, but you can run two as mono?? Or is it just keeping it simple in the documentation showing the LFE channel as .1????
The receiver shows the twin XLR sub outs (I'm sure it's there in the RCA outs too but my eyes can't read it tonight after 14 hrs at work) - will these only work independantly in TrHD and DTSMA????

Sorry, trying to get my head around it. I've only ever run 5.1/7.1 - just purchased twin subs.

The sub channel is always referred to as .1

My guess is they are keeping it simple. If it has 2 sub outs and audysessy SubEQ then it would do 2 independent subs

Ballpark on the 7, mmmmm $4K

#36 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

http://www.marantz.c...roductid=sr6009

Info on the SR 6009...

Interesting that there's no mention of Atmos...

Just as you would expect from any Marantz AV receiver, the new SR6009 pays extra special attention to audio quality, and includes decoders for standard audio as well as for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio to create a highly immersive and richly detailed surround sound experience. Moreover, with the latest current feedback topology and the Marantz own developed high-definition HDAMs, the SR6009 has both the power and the finesse to astonish and astound. This seven-channel receiver has the same built-in WiFi, Bluetooth, and DLNA networking facilities as its nine-channel brother, the SR7009 - gapless HD playback, DSD and AIFF streaming, Spotify Connect, Internet radio and AirPlay. Also like its brother, it has Audyssey DSX and DTS Neo:X 7.1 processing, an iPod digital-compatible USB input and a Phono MM input for vinyl fans. But it’s not all about versatility, the SR6009 is also powerful: 185 W for each of its seven channels to be exact.

The video section comes with advanced video processing, support of the latest HDMI standard (4k 60Hz pass through / scaling) standard, 7+1 HDMI inputs and dual output for main zone & multi zone. All guarantee complete compatibility with the latest HD displays and HD source devices. It includes the ECO mode and Smart Select as well. This new SR6009 also features a solid aluminium trap door to hide the control buttons and front connections – so it looks as stylish as it sounds. In addition, calibration and optimisation are also quick and easy with the Audyssey MultEQ XT Pro, Setup Assistant and Graphic User Interface overlaid on the picture. Pure enjoyment has never been easier.

#37 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

http://www.marantz.c...roductid=sr5009

SR 5009:

The latest current feedback topology and Marantz own and improved New HDAM are central elements of the new seven-channel SR5009. These technologies guarantee both power and detail in your surround sound experience. Bluetooth and WiFi are built-in so you can enjoy your digital files wherever they are stored. In addition, it provides networking DLNA 1.5 facilities for DSD & AIFF and Gapless HD audio streaming, Internet radio, Spotify Connect and AirPlay. It includes decoders for standard audio as well as for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio.

The SR5009 comes with no less than eight HDMI inputs of which one is on the front, and two outputs – making it immediately ready for 3D and even 4k 60Hz UHD resolution supporting 4:4:4 Pure Color. It easily handles the most demanding of scenes in action films, as well as offering excellent-quality music playback - thanks to the latest Marantz audio technologies and 180W from the seven amplifiers. Everything sounds clear, detailed, and alive with this set. As with many of this year’s models the SR5009 includes a smart ECO mode. To finish off, the SR5009 comes with a whole range of convenience features such as: Setup Assistant, auto calibration with Audyssey MultiEQ XT and Dynamic Volume Control; four Smart Select buttons, Multi-Room with multi-source flexibility; and “video-off” mode to ensure that you enjoy your music and movies in true dynamic Marantz style. It also has the specially developed Marantz Remote App for smartphone and tablet. All of which makes the SR5009 a true combination of style, power and ease.

#38 Eli

Eli

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

I am assuming that Atmos blu-rays will come out with the one (.1) LFE channel. If you run two subs they both get the same signal, it will just have 2 outputs on the receiver for EQ etc. This is different from Atmos in the cinema where there can be 3 independent LFE channels.

Sorry if this is the part you know, hoping I helped.

#39 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

SR 7009 reviewed :
http://hstrial-jrodr..._=1409517748063

#40 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:43 PM

Manual for the SR 7009:

http://manuals.maran...m/SR7009/NA/EN/

#41 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

The AV 7702 manual:

http://manuals.maran...m/AV7702/NA/EN/

#42 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

Is the 7702 out now?

Any word on street price?

Good news:
http://www.avsforum....ml#post27689105

19.) Because D&M engineering used 4 Shark DSP's, there is enough MIPS to support the Auro-3D platform. D&M's engineering team has been working closely with Auro-3D and will be releasing a firmware update Q-1 or possibly sooner. There will be a fee associated with this for licencing and engineering development. TBD on the price but it will be reasonable. But he did mention that this was a very large engineering effort. Once the Auro-3D platform firmware is released, new 7702's will not get it for free. Rather it is an alacarte approach similar to Audyssey Pro.

20.) The DTS-HD firmware path has not been established. I could not get a date nor even a slight inkle. He refused to over commit until knows more. So the answer is TBD.

21.) Kevin said more analog sections were re-worked from the 7701. In other word it was not only the HDAM's but rather "several updates". When asked to describe the sonic differences/benefit he said another "veil" was lifted.

#43 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:00 PM

The SR 7009 should come in under S$1900... and available now..

The AV 7702 should be in the same price range.

#44 petetherock

petetherock

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:13 PM

The SR 7009 reviewed in AVforum:

https://www.avforums...er-review.10854