SPOILER TAGS PLEASE

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#76 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,440 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

I think the point of Minty's response, was that if you have read this thread, it has already been confirmed by several members that 5.1 is a misprint, and it is actually 7.1, and It's a little frustrating having to repeat the same thing over and over again.

Blonk

Correct...........

#77 Blackman

Blackman

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

I think the point of Minty's response, was that if you have read this thread, it has already been confirmed by several members that 5.1 is a misprint, and it is actually 7.1, and It's a little frustrating having to repeat the same thing over and over again.

Blonk

Mate I don't confirm anything until i see it with my own eyes. This problem has been around before to a point where depending where you purchased it from it was either 5.1 or 7.1 yet both copies had 5.1 on the rear or one had 5.1 and the other had 7.1 so by this you can see my point. Mind you these were Region free BD's I'm talking about and its a possibility the outlet sourced then from elsewhere to get the 7.1 copies maked as 7.1 while the other outlet sold 5.1 copies of the same movie.

#78 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

Blonk

Could not have said it better, thank you Blonk.

Correct...........

Thanks mate.

Mate I don't confirm anything until i see it with my own eyes. This problem has been around before to a point where depending where you purchased it from it was either 5.1 or 7.1 yet both copies had 5.1 on the rear or one had 5.1 and the other had 7.1 so by this you can see my point. Mind you these were Region free BD's I'm talking about and its a possibility the outlet sourced then from elsewhere to get the 7.1 copies maked as 7.1 while the other outlet sold 5.1 copies of the same movie.

Nice that you don't take the word of fellow members on something so simple as whether a bluray is 5.1 or 7.1, especially when the question was previously asked several times in this thread already and the answer was confirmed as 7.1. Also nice that you couldn't see my post for what it was, a harmless dig at the same repeated question.

You write ad naseum as the great Hecto expert, suppose we should take all that with a grain of salt too? Actually why bother having a forum, the advice is all untrustworthy and BS anyway?

By the looks of things your first 4 words of your signature sum you up perfectly.

Cheers.

Edited by minty, 18 October 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#79 Blonk

Blonk

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

If you don't confirm anything unless you see it with your own eyes, why bother asking the question here?

Blonk

#80 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,440 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:36 PM

the-x-files-i-want-to-believe-5204acf273

#81 Tom Tom

Tom Tom

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

So has anyone found a 5.1 version yet?  :poke:

#82 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forum Member

• 3,101 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:17 PM

I can think of 5.1 reasons why this is a keeper.

Picture
Audio
Story
Acting
Characters
Enemy
Jackets
Explosions

Oh look at that - it ended up being 7.1 reasons, instead of the 5.1 originally stated. Apologies.

#83 SimonNo10

SimonNo10

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

Going to watch this tonight with my brother Blade. It's either that or X-Men DOFP. 

#84 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

Going to watch this tonight with my brother Blade. It's either that or X-Men DOFP. 

I really liked xmen dofp but Edge of Tomorrow blows it away imo.

#85 SimonNo10

SimonNo10

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:28 PM

I prefer X-men for story and action but from what I've been reading Edge of Tomorrow has it beat for audio. I'll let Blade choose as long as he brings a tub of Ben & Jerrys :).

#86 Aj72

Aj72

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

Watched X-men last night and audio was pretty good I thought. The LFE is a little lower in level but the contents there. I would give it to Edge of Tomorrow though for audio/bass no doubt.

#87 g12345567

g12345567

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:10 AM

Mate I don't confirm anything until i see it with my own eyes.

Just for your benefit  they recalled all the blu-ray due to the cover misprint so you won't be able to buy it locally untill they reprint the cover stating 7.1 english audio..

I rented this and the cover has the same misprinting. I had a look at the covers for copies from other regions and they all state 7.1 english. So it looks like only the AU version has the audio misprinted as 5.1 on the cover.

Edited by g12345567, Yesterday, 06:12 AM.

#88 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forum Member

• 3,101 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 AM

http://www.avsforum....rum-review.html

#89 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,440 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:12 AM

Yes along with the spread of Ebola, ISis and innocent people getting kicked to death in the burbs, we need to make sure our blu ray covers are right, how will we survive if we can't get typo's fixed.......... :whistle:

#90 bob bobson

bob bobson

AV Forum Member

• 25 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:08 AM

Yes along with the spread of Ebola, ISis and innocent people getting kicked to death in the burbs, we need to make sure our blu ray covers are right, how will we survive if we can't get typo's fixed.......... :whistle:

Well said.............

#91 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 AM

👍👍👍

#92 SimonNo10

SimonNo10

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Ended up watching EOT and really liked the sound design. Yep the first 10 secs are a sub tester and shook the whole house, Blade was impressed. Submersives (2xHP) handled it with ease. I don't run my subs hot as ARC on the Anthem does an excellent job with calibration paired with the SVS ASEQ. Will watch X-men-DOFP tonight.

#93 Blackman

Blackman

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted Today, 12:59 PM

You write ad naseum as the great Hecto expert, suppose we should take all that with a grain of salt too? Actually why bother having a forum, the advice is all untrustworthy and BS anyway?

By the looks of things your first 4 words of your signature sum you up perfectly.

Cheers.

Well if the nauseam of my Hecto report bores you just don't read it and you have to remember The LG Experts led myself and many other down the drain with these Hecto's and they DEMANDED to do it this way and they were wrong.

I always keep an open mind on anything.

You say the first few words of my sig===== yeah with age come experience and by this I can see you are a lot younger than my age and maybe when you get to my age you will become the same.

PS: You can't even spell the word nauseum but yet you use such a big word.

#94 Blackman

Blackman

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted Today, 01:03 PM

Just for your benefit  they recalled all the blu-ray due to the cover misprint so you won't be able to buy it locally untill they reprint the cover stating 7.1 english audio..

I rented this and the cover has the same misprinting. I had a look at the covers for copies from other regions and they all state 7.1 english. So it looks like only the AU version has the audio misprinted as 5.1 on the cover.

Thank you.

#95 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted Today, 02:55 PM

Well if the nauseam of my Hecto report bores you just don't read it and you have to remember The LG Experts led myself and many other down the drain with these Hecto's and they DEMANDED to do it this way and they were wrong.
I always keep an open mind on anything.
You say the first few words of my sig===== yeah with age come experience and by this I can see you are a lot younger than my age and maybe when you get to my age you will become the same.
PS: You can't even spell the word nauseum but yet you use such a big word.

Lol.

#96 Blackman

Blackman

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted Today, 03:04 PM

Tomorrow is another day Minty. I might go back to JB and order a new cover otherwise I might not sleep at night knowing I have a ring in for a cover for a movie I paid top dollar for.

#97 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted Today, 05:40 PM