• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76 Kazz

Kazz

AV Forum Member

• 9,185 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:55 PM

Hi Kazz and JohnA,

Got my 2nd XS30 on Friday and am enjoying them very much.

I tried the original one in several positions including corner and various distances from the corner but found between the speakers worked best, which sort of amazed me. As Peter suggested to me a sub of this quality and power doesn't necessarily need the corner loading.

As I said earlier my set up with the two subs is the same as Kazz's, although I don't have a cabinet in between.

All my listening has been 2ch music, I can't imagine what they'll sound like with movies. Also haven't done any room correction yet but will do so soon.

Paul

Glad  to hear that you're happy with the twins, I haven't listened to much two channel but they are awesome with HT.  :yes:

#77 Kazz

Kazz

AV Forum Member

• 9,185 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Ok so I've had the second XS30 for a week now and I have to say that two subs is definitely the way to go.

The single XS30 did a brilliant job on it's own but due to the room that I have I couldn't find the best place to position the single sub (a problem I've always had in this room but thought I would have to live with it, I had never considered having two subs) and after reading various threads on AVS and then JohnA's posts on here I started thinking that a second sub might fix the issues that I have with this room (or at least go a long way towards fixing it).

I have of course watched some reasonably bass heavy movies over the last week as well as running some of the scenes I used when I first demoed the XS30, the bass is much more even throughout the room now and as Paul said the bass seems more effortless.  I watched Battle Los Angeles last night and it was just awesome.  I played the Darla scene from Nemo and it has never sounded better.

I cannot reccomend the XS30 highly enough and two of them will just blow you away, yes I blew the budget big time (bathroom reno will be delayed for a while) but  I couldn't be happier. :D :D :D

Edited by Kazz, 06 July 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#78 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:04 PM

Not sure how your two are still going Kazz, but I'm finding mine is really hitting a real sweet spot now that I have quite a few hours into it.

Almost to the point where I could confidently say I'm thinking around a 5% difference in room pressure, will re-calibrate next weekend to check this, but once again I could not be happier with my purchase.............

#79 Kazz

Kazz

AV Forum Member

• 9,185 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:30 AM

Not sure how your two are still going Kazz, but I'm finding mine is really hitting a real sweet spot now that I have quite a few hours into it.

Almost to the point where I could confidently say I'm thinking around a 5% difference in room pressure, will re-calibrate next weekend to check this, but once again I could not be happier with my purchase.............

I'd have to agree that they've only gotten better with some hours on them, over the last two weekends I've watched Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 1 & 2 and they have never sounded better.

These subs are definitely a purchase I don't regret at all.

#80 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,428 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

Considering that you can have two of these for the price (and frustration) of importing just ONE Seaton SubMersive, I'd say this is a far wiser choice.

Edited by Chopsus, 11 September 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#81 Kazz

Kazz

AV Forum Member

• 9,185 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

Considering that you can have two of these for the price (and frustration) of importing just ONE Seaton SubMersive, I'd say this is a far wiser choice.

Definitely no frustration with these babies.  :w00t: :w00t: :angel: B) :D :D