Media Player-Better Than Wdtv ?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Chopsus

Chopsus

DTV Forums Master

• 13,414 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

All the Oppos I have had are much slower from boot to playing a file and file navigation is clunky and very limited.

The media gate, hdx1000, PCH and Dune have all been far superior in boot, navigate and load times.

Previously, dedicated players were more reliable on differing file types and encodes ... My recent experience has shown me that BD players have caught up, except for ISO and cinavia limitations now imposed on them.

Now that Oppos iOS media player software has been sorted out, it is much easier to navigate files with it ... My dune is still far quicker from boot to watching though.

#52 pjc

pjc

DTV Forums Member

• 790 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

So the Realtek chip can do true 23.976 fps?  My last Realtek player drove me crazy with the problem of playing 23.976 at 24fps.

Edited by pjc, 19 April 2014 - 06:34 AM.

#53 cwt

cwt

DTV Forums Member

• 5,501 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:58 PM

So the Realtek chip can do true 23.976 fps?  My last Realtek player drove me crazy with the problem of playing 23.976 at 24fps.

I think they fixed it quite a while ago pjc ; my tvix has the realtek and is ok but maybe a mede8er owner can chime in on this firmwares effectiveness  :question:

http://driverbiggers...pdate-v200.html

#54 Chicken Man

Chicken Man

DTV Forums Member

• 6,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

I have version 3.0.1 at the moment, I haven't done the most recent firmware update ....Version 3.0.5 ..... on my new mede8er 1000.

Moviie playback at 29.976 is perfect, not a jitter.

The only problem I have at the moment is with 'Time and Date' settings not being retained when I turn off the power at the Mains outlet.

Aside from that it plays beautifully without a glitch.

C.M

Edited by Chicken Man, Yesterday, 04:50 PM.

#55 pjc

pjc

DTV Forums Member

• 790 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:40 AM

I think they fixed it quite a while ago pjc ; my tvix has the realtek and is ok but maybe a mede8er owner can chime in on this firmwares effectiveness  :question:

http://driverbiggers...pdate-v200.html

Moviie playback at 29.976 is perfect, not a jitter.

C.M

Thanks for the info.  Couldn't track it down using Google.

#56 vintage1972

vintage1972

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 AM

I'm looking at the Mede8er 800 or the PCH A410 which as far as I can tell isn't released yet.

They look to me to do the same thing, what do you guys think?

#57 cwt

cwt

DTV Forums Member

• 5,501 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:23 PM

I'm looking at the Mede8er 800 or the PCH A410 which as far as I can tell isn't released yet.

They look to me to do the same thing, what do you guys think?

They both have similar format playback capability vintage and I don't know how reliable the PH410 will be with playback ; other ph's when introduced had problems  [ the mede8er's are reliable  ] but being inclined towards audiophile features I would appreciate the ess sabre  high quality dacs for 2ch ; sacd dsd file playback [ like an oppo does  - if you have that format ?] and vxp video processing if you want top notch sd video playback  :)

http://www.cloudmedi...pcornhour/a-410