Integra Dtr 70.4

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 yorac

yorac

AV Forums Member

• 23,939 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hi guys I hope to within the next week or two post a review of this mighty beast, I have already purchased but need to juggle some time to get it set up and going.

Also just wanted to mention that I purchased the unit via Prior/Chris and wish to not only compliment Chris but thank and recommend him for the service provided by him to get this beauty, members should certainly give Chris serious consideration with their purchases.

More to follow

Integra DTR-70.4

Edited by yorac, 29 November 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#2 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Cool stuff mate,

Looking forward to this :)

#3 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:52 AM

Well done, Yo!! I know you were on the prowl.... :D

#4 SharonBourke

SharonBourke

AV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

Looks good. i consider this serious recommendation.

#5 com5984

com5984

AV Forums Member

• 2,737 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Come on Neill stop teasing.

#6 yorac

yorac

AV Forums Member

• 23,939 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Come on Neill stop teasing.

lol...

believe me mate, keen to get it set up but may be after Xmas before I do, driving me crazy.............

#7 beejay76

beejay76

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:17 AM

Looks like a nice single box option...although I am somewhat surprised the specs show amp damping factor 60 and THD 0.05%.

#8 Halfcast

Halfcast

AV Forums Member

• 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:33 PM

great review, thanks.

#9 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

great review, thanks.

Wtf?! There is no review yet...unless I am missing something.

#10 yorac

yorac

AV Forums Member

• 23,939 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

great review, thanks.

Well there you go, our first smart arse for 2014, what part of the thread could you not understand mate, the bits in English????, go and be a troll somewhere else mate.........

Anyway dickheads aside, hoping to have it up and running in a couple of weeks..... B)

Edited by yorac, 02 February 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#11 minty

minty

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Well there you go, our first smart arse for 2014, what part of the thread could you not understand mate, the bits in English????, go and be a troll somewhere else mate.........

Anyway dickheads aside, hoping to have it up and running in a couple of weeks..... B)

Lmfao!!!

Yorac - my kinda man :)

#aspadesaspade

#12 minty

minty

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

P.S. Looking forward to this review too.

#13 yorac

yorac

AV Forums Member

• 23,939 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:26 PM

Another work in progress for me on this one guys, but it has been up and running for around two weeks, please keep in mind I am currently without a sub (a crime against humanity imho).

The word flagship is tossed around and bandied about nowadays and has essentially come to mean stuff all when reading reviews, Integra now sell this unit as their flagship AVR, let me tell you off the bat, they are more than on the money here.

I am coming from separates (80.2 and Elektra HD) so I was not expecting much, well s h i t wasn't I wrong, I cannot wait to add a sub to this, but it is throwing out plenty without one.

As per usual the unit has the Integra warmth and neutrality we have come to expect, XT32 does it's job extremely well on calibration, the unit didn't seem to run too hot when I did drive it hard on some warmer days and all in all I couldn't be happier.

I will eventually buy another power amp and pair it and I just think this will add more life to an already powerful beastie, for those that don't want to do it (add a power amp) then give this beast a demo, they are 3k retail but you can well and truly get unders on the RRP.

Two minor criticisms I have for Integra, just like Sony please stop throwing cheap shyte non alkaline batteries in, you build a quality product and call it flagship then demean it and for mine non alkaline in some cases are a leakage disaster waiting to happen, second cab off the rank, calibration if you are running a 5 channel set up as I currently am is fiddly to say the least (you need to go into the menus to tell the AVR what you have speaker wise), it used to be that it picked this up without the BS, minor bitches I know but never the less annoying and less experienced users may get easily frustrated.

All I can say from my short stint thus far is that I believe you will pay up to 5k to get the quality I am hearing from the Integra, I am having a few forum members over this Saturday so I will be interested in their feedback and hopefully they can put their thoughts in here as well..........

#14 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forums Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Coolio...I like the second review better!! ;)

#15 oztheatre

oztheatre

AV Forums Member

• 3,708 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:41 AM

I think the 70.4 is a great piece of kit but really belongs in a dedicated cinema room. The 50.5 being 2 models down is $1,100 cheaper and will do the job even a dedicated room just fine.

The dynamic power per channel is only 10 watts less than the 70.4 - 160 watts vs 150 watts per channel - this was the reason the 80.3 got the axe, the difference was 3199 vs 4999 all for 5 extra watts per channel.

Though there must something in the power supply because the 70.4 is 24KG and the 50.5 is 18.5KG . I suspect the 70.4 replacement will be lighter again given it's been around longer than the .5 models.
The 60.5 shares almost identical power specs as the 50.5 but is 4KG heavier. I wonder what the hardware differences are?

#16 yorac

yorac

AV Forums Member

• 23,939 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Edited by yorac, 02 April 2014 - 05:44 PM.