Get The Best Reception Regional Nsw

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 Melissa George

Melissa George

DTV Forums Member

• 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

oh ty... btw my dad lives in the same area aka cooma north and he can get all channals including sbs... i wish i had his arial -sigh-

#52 alanh

alanh

DTV Forums Master

• 12,561 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

Melissa,

Go to http://www.dtvforum....showtopic=14026 which is the first post in this strand.
The best option is to click on the link to V5 and select an antenna from that list. It should be pointed to Radio Hill.

There is a link in that post to Indoor Antennas. Open that link and you need to use V5 instructions. The best indoor antenna for you is the Jaycar model mentioned. It needs to have the rods pushed all the way in and close to each other. The whole antenna needs to be on its side so that the small pieces are vertical. The main axis of the antenna should point at the transmitter site. You will need the gain set to maximum. Put the antenna on a wall on the same side as the transmitter even if you have to buy an antenna extension lead.

AlanH

#53 nbound

nbound

DTV Forums Member

• 778 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

hi... i can currently get all channals except sbs on my tuner in my lcd tv aka LG 42LK450-TA... i live in cooma nsw... the thing is i want a set top box that is the same or better as my tuner in my tv... if i get a rank arena hd set top box with usb recording will i get all the channels i know i can pick up or will it be worse then my tv tuner?... also im useing an indoor antena cos my outdoor one only picks up like 5 channels and my indoor picks up all except sbs thing is i live in a unit/joint house/im sharing my antena with others attached to my house so yeah... i would like an outdoor ariel as good or better then my indoor one but my real estate/the peeps i pay rent to/etc. don't understand why im getting poor reception and think the arial is fine when its not and im scared to pay for a new better one to be installed cos i might get ripd off and it be no better then the one that is currently there not to mention id have to pay to link it to everyone elses house making it cost more/more expensive :(... wat should i do?... i ended up signing up for the household assistance scheme/digital switch over telling the truth but im not eligible for an antena ; ; only a set top box but i left a note stating i can only get 5 chanals on my outdoor arial and every chanal except sbs on my indoor arial even tho my area coverage is good and i should be able to get all channals -sigh- oh well at least i know this set top box will be as good if not better then my tuner in my tv :S... when they comeover perhaps i can pay them to install an antenna myself idk...

As far as Im aware, your landlord is required to provide working tv outlets. Push the real estate/strata and get them to send out a technician who can test your outlet (and give your landlord a quote to fix it - though some landlords might make you wait a bit). You may even have recourse under new tenancy laws to get a technician out and claim back the costs, though this isnt my area of expertise, so that could be worth seeing if its applicable also.

#54 Melissa George

Melissa George

DTV Forums Member

• 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

ok... thanks for ure help alanh and nbound i really apreciate it :)

#55 RogCH2

RogCH2

DTV Forums Member

• 4 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Having problems lately with WIN TV transmitting to Narooma NSW. Intermittent pixalation. at no fixed time of day.(Somjtimes just audio drop out)No problems with any other network. Can anyone give me some clues as to what could be wrong and does anyone else have the same problem?:

#56 debruis

debruis

DTV Forums Member

• 406 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Could be too much incoming signal or antenna might have moved slighty in high winds. Very hard to tell without a site visit and signal testing by a technician. Do any of the neighbours have the same problem? If so it could be a problem with the broadcast signal although this is highly unlikely.

#57 lizclinton

lizclinton

DTV Forums Member

• 950 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

It's sounding a lot like the problem northern Tasmania had with WIN some time ago. Check out the Tassie section of this forum and give WIN a call they may have learnt something about the problem they had down there.

#58 De'Storman

De'Storman

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with reception of channel 7 and 10 in the northern nsw area?

We're on the Tweed Coast, signal out of lismore area, and in the last couple of days we've lost all of the channel 10 and 7 signal ... bad pixelation, no image, no signal, no or limited sound ...

Same at all times morning, night, day etc ...

Only just happened in the last few days ... Some neighbours seem to be having the same issue ??

Transmiter issue, local interference ???

Anyone else?

Any reason why?

Edit: PS: yes, we've tried retuning ... and no luck, and have actually lost all Channel 10 since the retune!

Edited by De'Storman, 16 October 2013 - 07:15 PM.