• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Harlequin

Harlequin

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

By now everyone will be aware that Foxtel GO is finally available for Android users - albeit on selected devices.

For my part, I have a 'Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 (GT-P5110 running Android v4.0.3, i.e. Gingerbread)' which is not one of the acceptable selected devices. However, I have managed to get 'round the restriction via a combination of updating to 'Jellybean', rooting the tab (oo-er, Matron), and installing the Foxtel GO apk.

All is working perfectly; so if there are any among you who has the same Tab as me but have been unable to install the GO app, please feel free to contact me for the workflow and all the necessary files.

Cheers.

#2 blairy

blairy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Yupp, at long last they've realised that Apple is not the only company providing mobile devices.

For my part, I'm using it on a Microsoft Surface Pro...and loving it.

Cheers
blairy

#3 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,435 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

By now everyone will be aware that Foxtel GO is finally available for Android users - albeit on selected devices.

For my part, I have a 'Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 (GT-P5110 running Android v4.0.3, i.e. Gingerbread)' which is not one of the acceptable selected devices. However, I have managed to get 'round the restriction via a combination of updating to 'Jellybean', rooting the tab (oo-er, Matron), and installing the Foxtel GO apk.

All is working perfectly; so if there are any among you who has the same Tab as me but have been unable to install the GO app, please feel free to contact me for the workflow and all the necessary files.

Cheers.

Is that app from whirlpool for the S3 or the proper one for the Samsung Galaxy Tablet? I tried the apk file for my Asus Infinity but reports not supported although someone sent me the Samsung tablet apk for the Olympics and it worked

cheers laurie

ps I'm not rooted

#4 jason0024

jason0024

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

Hi There Harequin,

Could I get the workflow and apk file from you? I also have the GT-P5110

Thanks in advance

#5 Harlequin

Harlequin

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

Is that app from whirlpool for the S3 or the proper one for the Samsung Galaxy Tablet? I tried the apk file for my Asus Infinity but reports not supported although someone sent me the Samsung tablet apk for the Olympics and it worked

cheers laurie

ps I'm not rooted

The app I installed is: Foxtel.Go_1_0_1.apk. Pretty sure I got it from Whirlpool, yes.

#6 Harlequin

Harlequin

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Hi There Harequin,

Could I get the workflow and apk file from you? I also have the GT-P5110

Thanks in advance

Have tried to send you a private message but you haven't got PM'ing set up for your account. If you enable private messaging, we can get going on this. Cheers.

#7 Slattery

Slattery

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

I watch it regularly on my Galaxy Note 2 when in another room. Sensational. It would be even better if it was unmetered for Telstra mobile users so you could view it on the road.

#8 Shubba

Shubba

AV Forum Member

• 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

Hi Harlequin. I've just been searching for the past few days to work out how I can upgrade my GT-P5110 to Jelly Bean purely so that I can get the Foxtel Go on it. I actually changed over to a Samsung S4 from iPhone because I saw the press release about how Foxtel Go was now available for Samsung devices now and that was the only thing I was holding back for. Stupidly didn't read the details and am still waiting for them to release it for the S4. At least if I can get it on the Tab 10.1 I'd be in a better place. Can you please send me the details.