• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 WestOz60

WestOz60

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

All I can say is... "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

I couldn't care less that my antenna is pointing 30º away from everyone else's, just glad to get unchoppy, unpixelated full reception back. Who am I to question why?

LOL at the pic of outdoor rabbit ears :hyper: .

#27 Tazzy2Heads

Tazzy2Heads

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

The reception gods must be smiling on you at the moment.
Probably a corroded connection has come good with all the rain, it may go bad again during the next long dry spell, time will tell.

M'bozo, love the rabbit ears, I take it the floating two way splitter is so the neighbours can connect up too !

Cheers Tazzy.

#28 WestOz60

WestOz60

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

Hi all...

Thought I'd just revive this topic rather than start a new one as the problem is similar... done a forum search to no avail...

Anyway, I bought and installled a dedicated digital antenna as per suggestions on here. I now have perfect TV on all channels on my Sony 32" and perfect picture (only) on all channels on my PC TV card, however no sound on the TV card :hmm: . Checked all connections, all tight.

Happy to answer any questions, my PC rig is the same as in my OP.

#29 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,931 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:11 AM

Are you using a DVI cable or HDMI cable to connect to the TV (they look very similar)

Regards

Peter Gillepsie

#30 WestOz60

WestOz60

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

On the PC, if that's what you mean... there are only the FM aerial, the co-ax and speakers and an unpopulated 10 pin female port. I had sound before without changing anything, on most channels, but now no sound on any channel despite perfect picture. On the TV, it's DVI and all working good... both TV and PC are on the same aerial using a splitter and signal boost.

#31 johndee

johndee

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:21 PM

If you have picture but no sound on your PC, it sounds more like a driver problem.

It may seem daft, but are you sure nothing has got muted by accident?

JB