Australian Open channel 7 coverage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_foxmulder881_*

Guest_foxmulder881_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:12 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know what a fine job channel 7 is doing for the coverage of the Australian Open tennis. On channel 71 they are doing a special stats page with screen at the top for viewing the current game, looks great. On channel 72 they have the full screen game with no stats. What really impressed me was the picture quality and sound. I have my STB running through Pro Logic surround and it sounds great. Who would ever think that tennis could be so enjoyable watching. I know what you're thinking, I have a lot of time on my hands. But seriously, try it and you will be impressed too. And as goes for the picture quality, it's amazing. Switch to widescreen, it's well worth it as you get much more of the court in the screen. Well done channel 7. Let me know what you're all thinking. Good or bad comments. I'm all ears.

#2 Grampus

Grampus

DTV Forums Member

• 1,065 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:31 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know what a fine job channel 7 is doing for the coverage of the Australian Open tennis. On channel 71 they are doing a special stats page with screen at the top for viewing the current game, looks great. On channel 72 they have the full screen game with no stats. What really impressed me was the picture quality and sound. I have my STB running through Pro Logic surround and it sounds great. Who would ever think that tennis could be so enjoyable watching. I know what you're thinking, I have a lot of time on my hands. But seriously, try it and you will be impressed too. And as goes for the picture quality, it's amazing. Switch to widescreen, it's well worth it as you get much more of the court in the screen. Well done channel 7. Let me know what you're all thinking. Good or bad comments. I'm all ears.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree, I have a problem keeping up with the stats, if only the players would slow down a bit
:blink:

#3 jaybonzi

jaybonzi

DTV Forums Member

• 497 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:42 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree, I have a problem keeping up with the stats, if only the players would slow down a bit

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good coverage by seven. Shame it's not australia wide on reagnials

#4 Guest_foxmulder881_*

Guest_foxmulder881_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2005 - 01:44 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I reckon, they just play too fast.

#5 detourz

detourz

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:50 AM

I posted this elsewhere but having no success. Can anyone tell me what the instrumental/orchestral music is? It plays when they show slow motion shots of the players, in between matches. It's slow and orchestral like music. Calling Channel 7 themselves is a futile. I can't believe they don't know what music they play.

#6 NickMcC

NickMcC

DTV Forums Member

• 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hi Detourz, Is this the music you mean?? I've been searching everywhere for a name for this! Did you have any luck?

http://au.news.yahoo...watch/27902629/

Soundhound on my phone doesn't pick it up!

Anyone else got any ideas?

Thanks.