• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OzEagle

OzEagle

AV Forum Member

• 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:11 AM

:blink:
last night, the World Movies channel requested a pin # to allow viewing the movie. The Foxtel Call Centre staff told me it must be the first time since I got digital (6 months) that I try to watch an R rated movie on that channel. It can be right. With my surfing the channels way, I must have encountered an R rated movie before, on that channel or another one. Is the CC staff correct or is this another update gone wrong? What is your experience?

#2 DrP

DrP

AV Forum Member

• 16,740 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:45 AM

I don't think there is anything on pay (outside of the adult channels which I haven't seen) which is R rated and requires a PIN to access aside from world movies. If there is, I haven't noticed it either.

#3 fattchoi

fattchoi

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:55 AM

I encountered that R rated movie on World Channel the other night too. It is the first time I encountered it since I upgraded to Foxtel Digital. The reason for this is the digital box default the parental control to prevent access on any R rated movies. So which ever channel that has R rated movies on when you switched to that channel, you must enter the pin to view that program. The default pin number is 1234. Just press 1234 and the program will come on.

If your household is not likely to have any kids around and the Foxtel is only going to be watched by adults, you can disable this parental control. Press 'setup' and choose 'parental control'. You will be asked to enter the pin which is 1234 again. You will then have a menu of stuff that you can control. You can even blocked certain channels which is quite useful when you wish to stop your kids watching too much cartoon without your permission, etc. You can also change the pin number here but make sure you remember the pin number.

Cheers.