Kogan Tv Will Not Start After Firmware Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 porks

porks

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

I have a Kogan 22" 12v tv in my caravan, model KALED22DVDAB0026, which until now was in perfect working order.
Kogan gave me a firmware update to allow an increased number of supported video codecs for movies.

I installed same via a usb and watched the %progress on screen and at completion the set was supposed to automatically turn off and then back on.
It turned off ok but failed to restart and I'm now left with a unit that displays a red power button only and will not restart. I am concerned that
as it will not restart then maybe it can't be fixed since you can not select input for the usb.

I read on the net about a Samsung tv doing similar things and the remote required the 'Exit" button to be held for 30 secs. Is there some other means
of bypassing the conventional start up method ?....appreciate any words of wisdom...thanks Porks

#2 harold

harold

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

when you say kogan "gave me a firmware" what do you mean?

each tv will have it's own special sequence of buttons to do secret squirrel things - ask kogan

#3 Quark

Quark

AV Forum Member

• 3,558 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

Have you tried turning it off at the wall for a while?

#4 pgdownload

pgdownload

AV Forum Member

• 11,693 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

You downloaded a Kogan update? Your TV now isn't working. Its regrettable but sometimes FW updates go arwy. The TV itself is fine. Just needs a factory reset or some such.

As Harold says you need to ask Kogan. Either they'll have a 'squirrelly' button sequence or they'll ask to have the TV returned to them for the reset.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

#5 porks

porks

AV Forum Member

• 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Thanks Guys, they gave me a link to a firmware update to which I unzipped and put on a usb.
Yes I've had it off/on at the wall, no change.
It's the squirrelly thing I was hoping someone might know, but I guess all sets are different.
Just have to wait till Kogan get back to me....thanks again !

#6 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,033 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just have to wait till Kogan get back to me...

Good luck on that. :)

JSmith :ninja: