AV Forum Member

• 12,598 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 12:43 AM

All,

Analog TV switchoffs are;
Sunshine Coast 28th May 2013

Signal Sources

Terrestrial
broadcast transmission needs a TV antenna designed to cover only the radio frequency channels used by the transmitters on your local transmitter site.

Satellite broadcasting need a "Ku" band antenna dish for Australian broadcasting (Pay and Free to air). All domestic systems are encrypted.

Internet provides the user requested program downloads from ISPs or program providers.

Disc replay Blu-ray and Digital Video Discs are not covered here

All digital transmission systems will either faithfully reproduce what is being sent, the pictures will breakup into blocks with sound going on and off or a frozen image and silence. The frozen image can be replaced with a "no signal" sign. This is often called the digital cliff and can occur if the signal is too weak or too strong. Other than this the antenna system does not affect picture or sound quality. High Definition and Standard Definition signals share the same transmitted signal.

Obtaining broadcast signals.

Determine the most likely source
1. Type your exact street address.

2. On the "MySwitch" website click on the "Transmitter Information" on the lower left side. Compare the previous map to the current map. If both transmitters are in the same pink or blue colour pick the transmitter closest to you. Viewers in the Northern Beaches, northern shore of Sydney Harbour between the bridge and the heads, Eastern Suburbs and those in the suburbs between the CBD and the Airport must do this.

3. Now click on the ACMA Out of licence area reception form B58

Subsidies Beware that subsidies are available for those on full pensions and those who have been using an analog translator which is not converted to digital. The subsidy is not available if you buy your satellite receiver more than 6 months before analog switchoff in your region. Subsidies are not available if you can already view digital TV. DBCDE Household Assistance Scheme and DBCDE Satellite Subsidy Scheme

Determine the type of receiver required for digital television
There are two groups of receivers
Ground based (Terrestrial) transmission or Satellite Based Transmission

Terrestrial receiver
This receiver should be capable of receiving the following program streams;
All areas: ABC1 – ABC3, ABC24, SBSHD, SBS2, One, Eleven, 7Mate, 7Two, GEM, Go!
Southern Cross, 7Qld, WIN. Southern End of Sunshine Coast TEN, Seven, Nine,
This receiver TV, Personal Video Recorder or Set Top Box is usually called HD and should comply to
Australian Standard 4933.1-2010 Digital Television – Requirements for receivers – VHF/UHF DVB-T Television Broadcasts. (High Definition, MPEG4 capable)
Do not buy Standard Definition Set Top Boxes as you will not get a full range of programs. High Definition Set Top Boxes can provide signals to old type receivers.

Satellite Receiver

Those who are currently using Aurora, will have to replace this receiver by the end of 2013. If the dish, cabling etc are ok, only the receiver needs replacing. Replacing the TV with a new widescreen TV will show the programs in the best quality.
VAST Receiver Specifications.

Reception is only possible when authorised. This is covered later in this post.

Antenna signal distribution from the antenna
In single dwellings a splitter may be used to feed up to typically 4 outlets. (However, this depends on signal strength as splitters reduce the signal strength.)

Multiple dwelling blocks use Master Antenna TV systems (MATV) which consist of a single antenna followed by an amplifier, which in bigger systems use a separate amplifier for each terrestrial channel. Satellite MATV systems also contain a pair of amplifiers, one for vertically polarised satellite signals and a second amplifier for horizontally polarised signals.
MATV systems can also carry digital radio signals. (DAB+ and DRM+)

Please note that channelised MATV systems the amplifiers have to be replaced or retuned to the new digital channels.

Antenna Installers
Use an endorsed digital installer.
List of installers' names.

There is a new Australian Standard for TV antennas AS 1417.1(Int)-2011
All installations should be to Australian Standard 1367:2007 (ignoring the analog TV requirements) These standards is not compulsory but ensures reliable reception in single and multiple dwellings.

For MATV systems please read this handbook.

Which antenna should be installed?

From the map on "MySwitch"
Dark Pink indicates prime reception area. Antennas with only a few dB are ok if they are elevated outside
Light Pink High gain (highest number of dB)
Dark Blue Use the blocked signal path recommendation with a masthead amplifier. Antenna may be
Light Blue Use the blocked signal path recommendations with a masthead amplifier. Antenna is 10 m above the ground.
Note: These recommendations are subject digital signal measurements to the requirements of AS1367:2007 (without analog requirement).

Don't Get Ripped Off! Do not install antennas designed for analog channels 0 – 5A. About 30% of the metal work will or is not used any more. Furthermore these antennas can make reception less reliable. The antenna should not be more than 750 mm wide.

Antenna Types Drawings

Whilst they still exist, analog channels within the antenna channel range will be receivable.

Read the Transmitter List

The best antenna is one designed for the TV channels to be received in your area. This is because all of the metal work will get used. This gives greater sensitivity to the channels you want and less to the unwanted ones.

"Antenna Replace"
White text on red background
This shows which sites have analog transmissions on channels below channel 6.

"Antenna Replace"
Red print. on pale blue background
A change in UHF band. Only replace antenna if the signals break up which may be weather dependent.

Write down the antenna type for the transmission site you wish to use.

Now click on the antenna type from the transmitter list to see your options for your antenna.
H5
V5

Caravans/Marine Band 3, 4 - 5

Digital Dividend – The selling of RF Channels 52 – 69 will require changes in the channels used. The required channel changes will occur in 2014.

The plan is for a pair of national broadcasters, three commercial broadcasters and a community broadcaster. This uses 6 channels.

The plan is to put all the transmitters on a single site into one of these groups
Using the Antenna Types in the transmitter lists these types fit the new channel groups.
H3 or V3 Channels 6 - 8, 10 – 12
H4 or V4 Channels 28 – 33
H4+ or V4+ Channels 34 -39
H5 or V5 Channels 40 – 45
H5 or V5 Channels 46 - 51
The ACMA is trying to restack the digital channels on each site to be within the antenna type already in use.
This will remove the requirement for Channel 27 – 69 (HWb and VWb type) antennas so that more sensitive narrow band antennas can be used for no change in price.
Hopefully this will remove the requirements for C## type antennas. This only applies to Canberra, Manning River, MIA, Goulburn Valley, Wide Bay, Gladstone East.
* Example 1: Darwin will not require any changes because they are already using channels 29 – 33.
* Example 2: Main transmitters (shown in bold) in mainland state capital cities require an H34 antenna. In 2014 SBS and community TV will change to band 3.
Then the best antenna is only an H3. Existing H34 antennas will be fine for the rest of their natural life. This does not apply to translators.

It is the Building owner's responsibility to upgrade to digital reception. See MATV above. This also applies to rental houses.

Indoor Antennas

Indoor antennas generally produce unreliable reception; however here are some guidelines if you wish to try one in a prime reception area.

Cabling
It should be quad shielded RG6 with F connectors at any joins.
This is to minimise the pick up of electrical switching and TV signals other than picked up by the antenna.

Masthead amplifiers Should only be considered if the measured digital signals show there is too little signal. If that is not an option try the above techniques first.

Radio – Digital radio and FM

Digital Radio
DAB+ used in all mainland state capitals, with trials in Canberra and Darwin. Use a band 3 Yagi-Uda antenna with its elements vertical with respect to the horizon.

FM
None of the antennas listed above are designed to receive FM radio. The best way is to have an independent system Please read FM Antennas

DRM+ if used will use what was being used for analog TV channels 0 – 2.
DRM30 is another type of digital radio which will replace AM radio and will not use any of the above equipment. Not on

Free to Air Satellite TV – Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST)

This satellite service is paid for by the Commonwealth Government to provide TV to remote areas of Australia. There is 3 licence areas
Southern: It covers inland NSW, SA and small areas of Victoria and Tasmania.
those who can prove that there is insufficient signal available at 10 m above the ground.

[url="http://%22http//www.digitalready.gov.au/what-is-the-switch/VAST-service.aspx""]Viewer Access Satellite Television[/url]

For more information
How to get into Digital TV Pt 2 -What to do about the antenna "Silicon Chip" April 2008
For TV Antenna Basics +
For Radio Digital Television and Radio - Off-Topic Thread

AlanH

:wacko: Please post any queries in this geographic viewer's forum

Edited by alanh, 25 June 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#2 jgranger

jgranger

AV Forum Member

• 46 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

Alan I can find the actual frequencies for ABC on the links you have kindly provided, but are there web published frequencies by transmitter for 7,9,10 and SBS...?

Also...the link for Noosa Tewantin takes you to Nambour...as does the Nambour one (correctly)

#3 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,598 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 08:08 PM

jgranger,
The Noosa link is fixed.
As for frequencies, it depends on which site you are talking about. The startup date link will give you the frequencies.

AlanH

#4 jgranger

jgranger

AV Forum Member

• 46 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:18 PM

Thanks very much Alan. Found the startup dates link..Cheers...John

#5 thomfam

thomfam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

Alan, I have just run a scan on my Digital STB and found a heap of 'new' channels in the 356 to 369 range. The high 350's are Channel 7, the low 360's channel 10 and the high 360's channel 9.

Where are these being transmitted from. I live in Caloundra and can see Bald Knob from our home. Are these 'new' channels being transmitted from Bald Knob?

#6 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,598 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 04:51 PM

thomfam,
When the digital receiver cannot decode the Logical Channel Number sent by the TV transmitter it will allocate one from 350 upward. Which program gets which one depends on the order of reception during the installation program.

What you need to do is to compare the real channel numbers for the Sunshine Coast in the "Get the best reception" post link to the Qld list. You will see the real channel numbers come up when the channel scan is done.

For example SBS is transmitted on channel 36 but will display as channel 3, 31... The next channel to be seen in the channel scan is channel 47. This is Southern Cross and will display channels 5, etc. and so on according to the table on the link to the attachment.

Let me know which channels you find.

Is your reception of these channels you quote stable, ie without breaking up?

AlanH

#7 thomfam

thomfam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Alan.

I guess the light blue figures in the pdf are for UHF and the black is for VHF.

Where we are I can get Ch 7, Ch 9 and Ch 10 from Mt Cootha Brisbane and all the channels from Bald Knob - TNQ, BTQ, TVQ, QTQ, ABQ, STQ, and RTQ. However when scanning the STB stopped and found something at 12.

Your pdf download indicates that now Brisbane 7,9 & 10 are all transmitting from Bald Hill.

You asked about the picture quality from the 350+ channels and all reception is excellent.

After a rescan of my HD STB I saw I had 12 programs from 6,8,11,12,36,47,53,56,59,62,65,and 68.

When scrolling through the channels I get 49 channels in total! I will list them if you like!

So it seems my question is still not answered, (But it seems certain they are) the 'extra channels I am getting which seem to be Brisbane channels are coming off Bald Knob

#8 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,598 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:39 AM

thomfarm,
Bold indicates on air. Blue indicates it is part of a Single Frequency Network. This means there is another transmitter in the same area on the same channel. The importance to the viewer is that they should use a more directional antenna so they only pickup one transmitter if there is trouble.

If you look at my table all Brisbane channels are being repeated at Bald Knob with the regional commercials of 7 Qld, WIN and Southern Cross10 being added.

You are receiving all of the transmitters from Bald Knob as well as the Brisbane programs from Mt Coot-tha.
I would delete channels 6, 8, 11 & 12 as they will be more unreliable.

Which channel real channels eg 47,53,56,59,62,65,and 68 are being allocated LCNs of 350 or greater?

AlanH

#9 thomfam

thomfam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

"Which channel real channels eg 47,53,56,59,62,65,and 68 are being allocated LCNs of 350 or greater?"

My guess is they are the retransmission channels from Brisbane via Bald Knob!

Thanks!

#10 thomfam

thomfam

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:49 AM

I had another play around with the remote for my STB. All the channels from 350 and above are off the local Bald Knob transmitter which is in line of sight from our home. They are ABC, 7, 9, and 10 Brisbane channels retransmitted.

However the signal strength (according to the STB) of Brisbane 2, 7, 9 and 10 coming from Bald Knob is less than the signal strength coming from Mt Cootha Brisbane almost 100k's away!

#11 Nikita

Nikita

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:04 PM

I have tried the recommended site for ABC but still get nothing. :wacko:
I have tried everything to get my STB to pick it up, to no avail. My visitors have an LCD with a built in digital box and they have had no problems, got it first try even.
Can someone please tell me why?

Nikita

By the way, Im in the Gympie area.

Edited by Nikita, 02 September 2007 - 04:09 PM.

#12 charlesc

charlesc

AV Forum Member

• 2,612 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:40 PM

...I have tried the recommended site for ABC but still get nothing. :wacko:
I have tried everything to get my STB to pick it up, to no avail.

By the way, Im in the Gympie area.

I'm not familiar with that area, but the dba locator here gives the following for the Gympie postcode. Would you know which site you are likely to be receiving from? Which way are your neighbours' antennas pointing?
There seems to be a mix of vertically and horizontally polarised antennas (meaning the elements are vertical or horizontal).

And the first three locations look like they form part of a Single Frequency Network (SFN), where all transmitters in the area transmit on the same frequencies.
Hopefully someone familiar with the area, with local knowledge, will see your post.

On-Air UHF 62 Hor 767.625 MHz Broadcast Site BLACK MOUNTAIN
On-Air UHF 65 Hor 788.5 MHz Broadcast Site BLACK MOUNTAIN
On-Air UHF 68 Hor 809.5 MHz Broadcast Site BLACK MOUNTAIN
On-Air UHF 47 Hor 662.5 MHz Broadcast Site BLACK MOUNTAIN
On-Air UHF 36 Hor 585.625 MHz Broadcast Site BLACK MOUNTAIN

On-Air UHF 62 Hor 767.625 MHz Broadcast Site Tozer Hill GYMPIE
On-Air UHF 65 Hor 788.5 MHz Broadcast Site Tozer Hill GYMPIE
On-Air UHF 68 Hor 809.5 MHz Broadcast Site Tozer Hill GYMPIE
On-Air UHF 47 Hor 662.5 MHz Broadcast Site Tozer Hill GYMPIE
On-Air UHF 36 Hor 585.625 MHz Broadcast Site Tozer Hill GYMPIE

On-Air UHF 62 Vert 767.625 MHz Broadcast Site Sunrise Rd TEWANTIN
On-Air UHF 65 Vert 788.5 MHz Broadcast Site Sunrise Rd TEWANTIN
On-Air UHF 68 Vert 809.5 MHz Broadcast Site Sunrise Rd TEWANTIN
On-Air UHF 47 Vert 662.5 MHz Broadcast Site Sunrise Rd TEWANTIN
On-Air UHF 36 Vert 585.625 MHz Broadcast Site Sunrise Rd TEWANTIN

On-Air VHF 9A Vert 205.625 MHz Broadcast Site MT GOONANEMAN
On-Air VHF 7 Vert 184.5 MHz Broadcast Site MT GOONANEMAN
On-Air VHF 10 Vert 212.5 MHz Broadcast Site MT GOONANEMAN
On-Air VHF 9 Vert 198.625 MHz Broadcast Site MT GOONANEMAN
On-Air UHF 28 Hor 529.5 MHz Broadcast Site MT GOONANEMAN

#13 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,598 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:13 AM

thomfarm,
Go to the first post in this strand and downloas the Qld list. The answers are there.

Nikita,
Manually input the frequency 767.625 MHz or 767625 kHz into the installation menu of the receiver. These transmitters are not the normal ###.5 MHz signal to prevent interference. You should then get the ABC

AlanH

#14 Nikita

Nikita

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:57 AM

Thank you both, alanh and charlesc, for your ideas.
I ended up getting ABC on one of charlesc's suggested frequencies.
On-Air VHF 9A Vert 205.625 MHz Broadcast Site MT GOONANEMAN
Thank you both for your help.
Nikita :wub:

#15 panavision

panavision

AV Forum Member

• 36 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:04 AM

I have a Panasonic 50" with in built tuner that gives me perfect picture except for Win TV. When I am watching Win I get picture break up. But I have a set top box in another room coming off the same aerial and get perfect pictures from Win. Any ideas? I am in the Mountain Creek area.

#16 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,598 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:08 AM

Panavision,
It is likely that the cable to the troublsome receiver is longer than the cable to the good one. Considering that WIN is the highest channel number (68) the losses in the cable are greatest. You need a bit more signal. Go to the first post in this strand and either upgrade the antenna or buy an amplfied splitter . Use the SA164F with the tilt control turned to maximum.

AlanH

#17 panavision

panavision

AV Forum Member

• 36 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:46 AM

Thanks Alan, I will look at the amplified splitter as aerial is not very old

#18 canman872

canman872

AV Forum Member

• 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:34 AM

Just bought an LG RH2T80 HDD. Having some problems with closed captions. Get CCs on CH22 but not on CH2, both digital channels ABC. Get CCs on CH10 but not CH5, both Ten network cahannels. All other digital channels (SBS,Seven and Nine Networks) are OK. Anyone else having this problem, or a solution maybe???? Thanks

#19 orestes

orestes

AV Forum Member

• 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:30 AM

Hi guys, haven't been around here for a while...

Just having some troubles picking up win in my area (Marcus Beach) it's getting decent signal strength however it's still "skipping" for the want of a better word

#20 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,598 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:32 PM

orestes,
You will probably find the quality is poor. This is due to either reflections or picking up two WIN transmitters at the same time. There is a number of transmitters on the Sunshine Coast forming a Single Frequency Network.

Your solution is to use a more directional antenna and point it at one of the transmitter sites and perhaps replace the cabling with quad shielded RG6 cable.
Transmitter locations are in the Qld link in the first post in this strand.

AlanH

#21 johno67

johno67

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:58 AM

All,
Follow the sequence below to determine what you need to do. This applies to new and existing installations, in which pixellates (picture breaks up into blocks) and the sound chirps)

1. Determine the most appropriate transmitter site
Most regions have a main transmitter and some translators. A translator converts the signal from one channel to another to prevent interference. They are of lower power than the main transmitter for the region. Translators are used to fill in a shadow area caused by the local terrain.
Click on Qld to find you likely transmitter site(s)

Open on another screen ABC Transmitter List and select the state and your DTV transmitter. If present this will give you a coverage area map to determine which site is best for you.

If an antenna technician can provide evidence that there are no signals at your site, you can get the ABC, SBS, two commercial stations and some radio channels directly from a satellite. Go to the end of this post.

2. Determine the actual TV channels you wish to receive
Logical Channel Numbers are displayed on digital receivers. They are labels because for example the ABC in capital cities is transmitted on channel 2 analog but on channel 12 in digital. The receiver will display channel 2# because it is sent the channel number in the signal. The actual channel used is displayed in the installation menu and must be known to select suitable antenna equipment.
Using the spreadsheet above the present and future analog and digital transmitters are shown. The ones on air are in bold.

Note also if the digital channel number(s) are in blue. If so they are part of a Single Frequency Network (SFN). SFNs use the same channels for repeaters in the same viewing area. This will affect antenna selection.

3. Determine the polarisation
Using different polarisations allows transmitters on the same channel to be located closer together in distance.
The transmitter and receiving antenna must be parallel to each other so if the transmitting antenna is parallel to the ground so must your antenna. This is called horizontal polarisation. The other way to have it is vertical. Some sites use vertical for channels below channel 27 (VHF) and Horizontal above (UHF)
If the same polarisation is used for all channels it is unipolar H or V. If different polarisations are used it is called cross polarisation and there is a yes in the spreadsheet.

4. Select the antenna type
Unipolar
Band 3
Band 4
Band 4+
Band 5
Band 3 & 4
Band 3 & 4+
Band 3 & 5
Band 4 & 5
Cross polarised
Band 3 & 4+
Band 3 & 4+
Band 3 & 5
Band 3, 4 5
Caravans/Marine
Band 3, 4 - 5

Indoor Antennas

Digital TV will never use channels 0 5A. This is due to the problem of impulse noise from electrical switching and arcing. You can minimise this problem if you antenna is not designed for these channels. Channel 0 5A antennas are very wide and are more liable to get bird and wind damage as well.

The best antenna is one designed for the TV channels to be received in your area. This is because all of the metal work will get used. This gives greater sensitivity to the channels you want and less to the unwanted ones.

All analog channels within the antenna channel range will be receivable. To replace a single analog channel which is not receivable, read the following post
Using Digital Antennas in an Analog Environment

Cabling
It should be quad shielded RG6 with F connectors at any joins.
This is to minimise the pick up of electrical switching and TV signals other than picked up by the antenna.

Masthead amplifiers Should only be considered if the measured digital signals show there is too little signal. If that is not an option try the above techniques first.

Recognising interference
Better Television & Radio Reception

Please note this is general information. Use an antenna installer who can measure and error rates of digital signals (They should be able to give you Bit Error Rates (BER) figures of less than 1 in 10 000.) If they cannot do this, get someone else.

Apartments and retirement villages use Master Antenna TV systems (MATV)
These systems contain amplifiers for individual channels. In any non-digital installations you will generally find some digital channels are not receivable due to this filtering. Please read Apartment & Town Houses
Radio FM, DAB and DRM
FM
None of the antennas listed above are designed to receive FM radio. The best way is to have an independent system Please read FM Antennas
DAB is digital radio. It will start on 1st January 2009 in major population centres. It will use band 3 most likely vertically polarised.

DRM is another type of digital radio which will replace AM radio and will not use any of the above equipment.

More Information
For TV Antenna Basics +
For Radio Thread

Qld
If an antenna technician can prove no TV signals are available, then a free to air satellite receiver is an option.
Stations available
ABC: Satellite programs generated in Brisbane
SBS: BS: National programs ex Sydney
Impaja: (Nine & TEN networks) from Alice Springs
Seven Central:(Sev en network) from Townsville

The programs are transmitted through the satellite in digital form, but in some towns are then retransmitted in analog. A home satellite receiver will receive the signal in digital, however there is none of the enhancements such as multi channel, wide screen etc.

Radio is also carried digitally, 4ABC Radio Regional ex Brisbane, 4ABC Radio National ex Brisbane, and commercials 4BRZ (Breeze), and 4RBL (Rebel FM) ex Beaudesert These signals are retransmitted in some towns on FM.

To obtain reception read the following link
Out of area reception

AlanH B)

#22 johno67

johno67

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:14 AM

Hi
Sorry about my last post, I am new here and posted the wrong thing.

I do have a question though. I live in the Marcoola area and I have 2 digital tuners. One is a twin HD tuner PVR and the other is a HD STB. I have very good picture quality on all the digital stations except for Brisbane channel 9 (VHF 8 all channels) and the local analog stations have good PQ as well. I pick up the brisbane analog stations as well including Briz31.

With my PVR, I get a signal level of 63% and a fluctuating quality of 18-32%. The cheaper STB shows 100% signal & fluctuating quality of 60-92%. Both boxes I get a high level of pixellation and sound drop outs especially with a bit of wind about.

I do know that the antenna has a mast head amplifier and is split to 3 outlets The PVR & STB have been checked on the same outlet with the same results. Currently I have the PVR, VCR & TV on one outlet, the STB, VCR & TV on the 2nd outlet and a VCR & TV on the 3rd outlet. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
John

#23 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,598 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

John.
Do you get good digital reception on
SBS36 - SBS
TNQ47 - Southern Cross
ABQ62 - ABC
STQ65 - 7 Queensland
RTQ68 - WIN?

All of the above are transmitted from Dulong.

What programming differences are there between WIN and QTQ 9 Brisbane?

AlanH

#24 johno67

johno67

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

John.
Do you get good digital reception on
SBS36 - SBS
TNQ47 - Southern Cross
ABQ62 - ABC
STQ65 - 7 Queensland
RTQ68 - WIN?

All of the above are transmitted from Dulong.

What programming differences are there between WIN and QTQ 9 Brisbane?

AlanH

Alan

Yes all these are great. There is a bit of a audio/video sync on WIN and 10 HD though.

There are a few programming differences between WIN & QTQ 9 but the main one is the HD channels. I am a huge fan of using Dolby Surround and WIN HD usually only has a scattering of broadcasts. Very similiar scenario with SC HD but I can get 10 HD no problems.

Cheers
John

#25 spacetracker

spacetracker

AV Forum Member

• 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 10:36 AM

Hi All

Does anyone have any info on digital reception along the coast between Marocchydore and Mooloolaba, in particular around Alexandra Headland area?
I am assuming that Dulong would be my transmission site of choice when I move in. ABC coverage maps indicate Dulong as probably the best and not Sunshine Coast site at Bald Knob - which I understand is broadcasting with a southward looking orientation. Any chance of Brisbane dtv?

Cheers.