• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#126 lizclinton

lizclinton

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

Yes Laurie as times goes by displays are only going to get bigger and resolutions higher.

#127 pc9

pc9

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Actually it was in HN that I first heard it - dude trying to sell me a UHD telly.     

#128 wheelz

wheelz

AV Forum Member

• 4,311 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:25 PM

Actually it was in HN that I first heard it - dude trying to sell me a UHD telly.

Then it must be true :no: :no: :no:

#129 ozasis

ozasis

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

Pardon my ignorance, but how would they have a successful UHD channel when content (and more so bandwidth) is so scarce?

#130 cnrmlj

cnrmlj

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:45 AM

The same way they did with the 3D channel. Oh, wait. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

#131 johnjet

johnjet

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Looks like the IQ3 may be coming next year and not this year if the up-fronts are any indication.

http://www.tvtonight...-gogglebox.html

#132 HomerJ

HomerJ

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted Today, 02:33 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but how would they have a successful UHD channel when content (and more so bandwidth) is so scarce?

UHD is going to use H.265 encoding which is way better at compressing video data than H.264 used in 'standard' HD (less bandwidth for same data rate). It also seems there is now spare space on the satellites if I remember reading here correctly, so it's quite possible UHD could be supported by Foxtel with new hardware.

I'm not sure if final H.265 standards are finalised yet but they must be very close as some vendors have released or about to release compatible products. Maybe this is one of the reasons the IQ3 has been delayed (to ensure support for UHD)?

#133 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted Today, 05:41 PM

As I said in a post before (being cynical) I said the IQ3 probably would come out in december 15.The way things seem to be going it may

not be far off as it seems to be endlessly being delayed.Look at when this post was started and still we wait.