Iq3 Box

• Please log in to reply
618 replies to this topic

#601 tesza

tesza

AV Forum Member

• 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

So I had a very interesting Saturday pulling everything apart and reassemling the whole home theatre setup.

Eventually reset the microprocessor on Denon 3311ci and when everything looked good I turned it all on again.

Naturally the IQ3 would not join the party so eventually after some hair pulling I rebooted the IQ3 and majically the sound system with HDMI and ARC/CEC worked again! :yes: .

Sundays effort will be to run audyssy to complete the setup, then I will be happy again.

I will need some advice to split the HDMI signal from IQ3 and HDMI cable it to second tv with a DVI input.

Will this work, will I need extra audio or will hdmi to dvi work okay?

Thanks to members for your advice cheers tesza

#602 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:09 AM

My experience with splitting signals out of the IQHD is that - it DOESNT work!!

#603 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,589 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

My experience with splitting signals out of the IQHD is that - it DOESNT work!!

Maybe that is a copy protection built into HDMI?

cheers laurie

#604 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

Maybe that is a copy protection built into HDMI?

cheers laurie

I don't know for sure...but what I do know is this:

I have a Belkin Transmitter / Receiver which I used to use to split the signal out from the IQHD to my main TV and to the TV in the Kids room. It worked!!

And then one day it stopped...stuttered...and then never worked again.

I thought the Belkin had died...but tried it with my DVR and the Belkin worked really well. So switched back to the IQHD and nope..wouldnt budge...back to the DVR...perfect.

In the end, doing a bit of research (via Google), I have discovered that Foxtel...and I don't quite understand how they do this...but they have managed to prevent HDMI splitting....much like how they prevent Air Play etc. 

So the only alternative is to watch Foxtel on your iPad via Foxtel Go or rent out another Set top box...

:)

#605 mwd

mwd

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

Maybe try one of these lots of Foxtel splitters listed on Ebay   http://www.ebay.com....=item27f3249491

#606 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

I used the splitter from Foxtail (a forum member)...and to be honest, they look quite similar...except that Foxy's splitter seems to be packaged better...by yards

Have a look here : http://www.ezyhd-cab...tter-1-x-2.html

#607 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,589 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

So the only alternative is to watch Foxtel on your iPad via Foxtel Go or rent out another Set top box...

:)

So how do Foxtel stop mirroring from a tablet/smartphone or using HDMI to a external display?

cheers laurie 

#608 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

So how do Foxtel stop mirroring from a tablet/smartphone or using HDMI to a external display?

Again, Im not the expert, but what I notice is that Foxtel removes the button that allows you to use "Airplay" (I use Macs in the house so Airplay it is for me..) 

So if I was watching a Youtube Video on my iPad, I could "transfer" the streaming to my Apple TV, via Airplay, and view it on my TV (I don't have a SMART TV)..

If I was viewing a programme on Foxtel GO, I don't have that button...

That probably was the worst explanation...but it is what it is...and the way I see it :)

#609 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:54 PM

Mines stuck in standby, new box being sent out.

#610 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:00 PM

Three other guys, one guy with 2 boxes, over at WP, all with the same issue today. Something going on.

#611 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

Looking on whirlpool it seems there is an update for the software for installers to download to their usb stick and use from tomorrow.

I wonder when it will be  downloaded on to the boxes.The no is 1.9.53.

Sorry but I don't know how to show whirlpool link here for you to read all about it.

#612 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,589 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

nutmeg1

New iQ3 software
The second iQ3 software update (version 1.9.5.3) is available for you to download to your USB now. It's important that you use this updated software on every iQ3 install you perform from Wed 29 July.

This software update will see an overall improved stability to the iQ3. This includes:

· Simpler way to connect to WiFi

o There’s now a one push option called WPS to connect to your WiFi

o Available for WPS enabled routers.

· Accurate results when running the WiFi speed test

· Eliminated the need for an adapter for HDMI ARC and CEC devices

· Better recording functionality

o Recordings fail due to ‘No Signal’ errors

o Clashes occur when recording shows, especially when using Series Link

o Issues occur with deleting recordings.

· iQ3 will manage disk space better

o When the iQ3 hard drive fills up, it will automatically delete recordings

o Like the iQ2, customers can Keep recordings they don’t want deleted

o To delete their own recordings when their hard drive is full, customers can switch their disk management settings from Auto to Manual.

· Easier way to identify previously viewed recorded content

o The iQ3 will now indicate previously watched recordings in a darker font and background

o This will occur when the customer has watched the recording in full (as in right to the very end)

o Available in Library and Episodic view.

· The iQ3 is less likely to get stuck in standby.

What’s next for the iQ3?
We are already working on the next iQ3 software update. The focus will continue on improving the iQ3s overall performance, speed and stability. We will pay specific attention to the iQ3’s recording reliability and Bluetooth functionality. We’ll let you know more in due time.

cheers laurie

#613 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:45 PM

This is now fairly old...this "upgrade". I recall waiting a couple of weeks before installing it...and I finally did it on 30th of May...nearly 2 months after, there is no sign of any further updates, whilst the IQ3 continues to perform like a crappy piece of tech (hate using that term for the IQ3)...

IF there is any tech purchase I regret it is the IQ3....

#614 BrindiCruiser

BrindiCruiser

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:49 PM

Thinking I will stick with my old iq2 for a bit longer yet.

#615 nudge58

nudge58

AV Forum Member

• 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

It states that the font will change colour when a recording has been watched, provided it is watched right to the very end. The problem is, most people add extra time to end of their recordings, how many stop the playback once the show has finished and not continue to the end of the recording, I do. Maybe it's smart enough to know the difference between the end of a show and the end of the recording.

#616 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:20 AM

It states that the font will change colour when a recording has been watched, provided it is watched right to the very end. 

Oh, really? Font will change colour? Of all the corny indicators....ha ha. And you are right nudge, who watches the start of the next programme, just to get to the end of this one!! Wonder which chump thought of this one!!

#617 mwd

mwd

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:40 AM

Word is IQ3 will become good once it downloads Windows 10 via Pirate Bay,   :pirate:  :hyper:  :no:

Edited by mwd, 29 July 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#618 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

This is now fairly old...this "upgrade". I recall waiting a couple of weeks before installing it...and I finally did it on 30th of May...nearly 2 months after, there is no sign of any further updates, whilst the IQ3 continues to perform like a crappy piece of tech (hate using that term for the IQ3)...

IF there is any tech purchase I regret it is the IQ3....

This is new software again.

Mines now got the new software 1.9.5.3, this should be interesting!

Edited by SLE355, 29 July 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#619 daMANiack

daMANiack

AV Forum Member

• 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Hi,

Just upgraded to 1.9.5.3, seems better but I think I need to power off, then plug in again as still a little laggy.

Anyway, for those that want to FORCE IQ3 UPDATE and having troubles, try the following:

First up, Check if you have the latest software.

1. Power cycle the Foxtel iQ3 (that is, UNPLUG power cable from the back of the Foxtel iQ3)

2. PRESS & HOLD the round STANDBY button (front panel of IQ3 (not on remote)

3. TURN ON IQ3 unit (Plug the power back in)

4. Wait until STANDBY button light goes from RED to BLUE, then RED to BLUE a second time (this will take approx. 20 seconds), then RELEASE the STANDBY button

5. IMMEDIATELY, QUICKLY PRESS (without ANY DELAY):

a) UP ARROW

..b. DOWN ARROW

c) STANDBY (round button on the front of the Foxtel iQ3)

If successful, the blue bootloader download screen will display (illustrated below), do not disconnect power while the download is happening and wait for the full process to complete and you have Foxtel video on your screen again; otherwise, repeat the steps above.

Edited by daMANiack, 29 July 2015 - 06:00 PM.