Nice to see you back steveb

cheers laurie

#527 steveb

steveb

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:36 PM

I make the occasional guest appearance Laurie.

#528 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:47 PM

How is the standard remote compared to the blue tooth remote as I am so sick and tired of the cramped blue tooth remote with the buttons for mute rewind etc so close together

that I press rewind instead of mute etc?

#529 nudge58

nudge58

AV Forum Member

• 35 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:16 PM

Well I finally rang Foxtel today to get the Mystar HD box back, not putting up with this useless IQ3 box anymore.

#530 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,558 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

Well I finally rang Foxtel today to get the Mystar HD box back, not putting up with this useless IQ3 box anymore.

Do you actually get the box you sent back or any MyStar HD 

cheers laurie

#531 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:31 PM

Got a new Foxtel iQ3 last week with the self-install.   All seemed to work ok, except that the internet connection would connect to my network but not back to Foxtel.   So I could see it was on my network but nothing was coming down from Foxtel.  After 20 minutes of trying resets etc they said it was a problem with the box.   So my new one arrives tomorrow - will see how it goes.  

The one thing I will say to Foxtel's credit is that they have a very sharp, articulate (Australian?) call centre.  They were very helpful - even entertaining!   Going to need it - this whole sector is in for a massively competitive time over the next year or two.   

#532 Ron12

Ron12

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:58 PM

They also have a non Australian call centre, that's the one I got.  Note that I'm a Foxtel from Telstra customer, but I understand that Foxtel faults are handled by Foxtel.

Edited by Ron12, 20 May 2015 - 06:00 PM.

#533 nudge58

nudge58

AV Forum Member

• 35 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

Do you actually get the box you sent back or any MyStar HD 

cheers laurie

I would strongly doubt it would be the same one. I got a message about an hour after I'd spoken to the them to say my Foxtel kit was ready to go. Hopefully my refund is processed just as quickly (I doubt it though)
Regards John

Edited by nudge58, 20 May 2015 - 06:48 PM.

#534 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:22 PM

Looking on whirlpool and saw there is a software update due to be pushed from tomorrow version 1.7.6.59 lets see if this helps.

#535 duke

duke

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

Looking on whirlpool and saw there is a software update due to be pushed from tomorrow version 1.7.6.59 lets see if this helps.

http://community.fox...date/td-p/73426

#536 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

Tried the manual instal of the update but no luck so rang foxtel but it still took 2 goes and over 20 mins by them to force the update to download.I have now managed to delete

programmes that had keep that could be not deleted.Still hate the remote control layout but found out I need an iq2 remote as the mystar remote wont work.Will look on

ebay as they are cheaper than foxtel.

#537 daMANiack

daMANiack

AV Forum Member

• 22 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi,

'

I rang Foxtel and requested a software update to 1.7.6.59 and it went rhtu without issue.

I believe you can force an update by doing:

Manual software update for Foxtel iQ3

Want a way to manually update the Foxtel iQ3 without the need to call or email Foxtel? You asked for it and we listened...

This process is a little tricky but over time, we will simplify this. In the meantime, here's how to manually update your Foxtel iQ3 software.

First up, Check if you have the latest software.

1. Power cycle the Foxtel iQ3, that is, unplug power cable from the back of the Foxtel iQ3, press & hold the front panel STANDBY button then plug the power back in

2. Wait until STANDBY button light goes from red to blue then red to blue a second time (this will take approx. 20 seconds), then release the STANDBY button

3. Quickly press:

a) UP ARROW

b.) then DOWN ARROW

c) then the STANDBY button on the front of the Foxtel iQ3

If successful, the blue bootloader download screen will display (illustrated below), do not disconnect power while the download is happening and wait for the full process to complete and you have Foxtel video on your screen again; otherwise, repeat the steps above.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Edited by daMANiack, 28 May 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#538 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:15 PM

I did the manual update last night, worked the second time i tried it.

#539 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:40 PM

Still unable to add a 10 min start to free to air programmes, when you set it it reverts back to auto.My wife is not happy as she misses the beginning of criminal minds.

#540 nudge58

nudge58

AV Forum Member

• 35 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 PM

Well I finally got the Mystar box yesterday (they sent me out the IQ2 even after specifically requesting the Mystar) and can't wait to install it tomorrow and get some sanity back into watching TV. Can't believe I'm getting excited over a so called 'downgrade'.

#541 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:54 PM

So is the iq2 a satellite capable unit as a replacement for the mystar hd units ? I thought they were incompatable.

#542 nudge58

nudge58

AV Forum Member

• 35 posts

Posted Today, 10:02 AM

There are IQ2 satellite units but unfortunately they don't have a FTA tuner in it. FTA channels are not rebroadcast for satellite users in the country areas, (previously Austar subscribers) as they are for cable subscribers, so if you want to watch and record FTA programs, you need a Mystar STB which does. Would love to have the IQ2 as its a better unit than the Mystar, but it can't record FTA

#543 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,558 posts

Posted Today, 12:21 PM

, but it can't record FTA

Well not the FTA HD channels !! all of the main channels and multi channels can be recorded on the IQ2?

cheers laurie

#544 nudge58

nudge58

AV Forum Member

• 35 posts

Posted Today, 04:33 PM

I enquired to Foxtel last year regarding this when I wanted to upgrade from the Mystar to the IQ2, and again when I spoke to a Foxtel tech when I was arranging the return of the IQ3, he confirmed the IQ2 can't record any FTA channels in my area as they are not rebroadcast by Foxtel via satellite. He went off to check and said only some parts in Queensland could get FTA via satellite. Why there and not anywhere else seems very strange, but it's been confirmed twice now by 2 different techs.

#545 Ron12

Ron12

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted Today, 05:50 PM

Brisbane

#546 daMANiack

daMANiack

AV Forum Member

• 22 posts

Posted Today, 06:05 PM

Hi,

I dislike IQ3 due to current bugs even after 1.7.6.59 software update, but must admit that since using IQ3, we hardly have to switch to our Topfield STB to watch FTA channels.

IQ3 has potential, I suppose we just have to be a little PATIENT.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Edited by daMANiack, Today, 06:05 PM.