• Please log in to reply
486 replies to this topic

#476 GaryCook

GaryCook

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

Strange IQ3 behaviour this morning, turn it on and there's program data OSD but no audio or picture. Change channels no difference, play a recorded program, nope, again can see the on screen data but no actual program audio or video. Power cycle with the remote, still the same, several times. Full power off and restart and it all works fine. Very strange, let's see what happens tonight when I get home.

Cheers
Gary

#477 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,536 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

There is an IQ3 for everyday of the week Gary lol,was watching AFL360 last night, turned itself off and it took me at least 15mins to get it back on line again refused to give a picture audio ok grrrr  Not sure Gary if the power cycle on the remote is the same as power button on the unit which is what i use ?

cheers laurie

#478 lizclinton

lizclinton

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:34 AM

I upgraded my display yesterday to a Panasonic AX900 and connected the IQ3 directly to it. I now get picture but no sound. Have tried all the HDMI inputs on the TV and have done a full installer reset of the IQ3 but the box refuses to send audio to the TV. I now run the IQ3 into a surround sound amp via HDMI to get the audio and then back to the TV for the picture. Does anyone have any ideas on a way I can get the IQ3 to work directly connected to the TV?

#479 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:59 AM

I upgraded my display yesterday to a Panasonic AX900 and connected the IQ3 directly to it. 

HI Liz...

First - did the HDMI out of IQ3 work with your previous TV? If yes, then the HDMI port on the TV could be faulty..does your TV have more than one HDMI ports? Try another port.

Have a go .. :)

#480 lizclinton

lizclinton

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 AM

Yes it's got 4 HDMI inputs and the IQ3 won't send audio through any of them. Tried a Blu ray player in the same inputs and it works just fine. I've tried both audio settings on the IQ3 without result.

#481 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Understand...what I am trying to get to the bottom of...is whether the IQ3 did send audio out...ever? Did you have it working with your previous TV set?

But if you are running your HDMI out to an AVR and then to a TV...AND you get both Audio and Video, then your IQ3 IS sending out the signal...

Have you tried another cable?

#482 Ron12

Ron12

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:58 AM

Also try pressing the mute button and the volume up bottom on the iq3 remote to make sure the iq3 isn't on mute or low volume/no volume.

Edited by Ron12, Yesterday, 11:06 AM.

#483 lizclinton

lizclinton

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:02 AM

Thanks Ron, yes have tried that too but the thing will not send audio to the new TV. Have replaced cables will no difference and have been through the TV menu but can't find anything stopping the audio flow.

#484 Ron12

Ron12

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:11 AM

what is the hdmi audio set to on the iq3? Is the tvs hdmi audio setting compatible? If your TV has an auto setting for audio try that. Also try setting the iq3 hdmi audio to MPEG.

#485 lizclinton

lizclinton

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:40 PM

Have tried the IQ3 in both AC3 and MPEG without success and also all the audio settings on the TV. I'm totally stumped.

#486 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Liz, is there a setting on the TV you might be missing?

#487 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,536 posts

Posted Today, 12:36 AM

Have tried the IQ3 in both AC3 and MPEG without success and also all the audio settings on the TV. I'm totally stumped.

Maybe something to do with pin 13 [ CEC ] on the IQ3 some have gone HDMI....> DVI >...... HDMI  I assume that disables pin 13 by the DVI connector  I'm not saying this is your fix to your problem just another fault finding procedure to check out 

cheers laurie