Iq3 Box

• Please log in to reply
393 replies to this topic

#376 Ralfi

Ralfi

AV Forum Member

• 3,150 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:14 PM

Yes I have - For some reason TV ARC was kicking in. Disabled that and CEC on TV and all good.

ARC?

CEC?

Sorry, can you fill in the blanks please? :)

I didn't think to look at the TV settings as nothing had been touched there for years..

#377 timj

timj

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

ARC?

CEC?

Sorry, can you fill in the blanks please? :)

I didn't think to look at the TV settings as nothing had been touched there for years..

Google is your friend

http://www.cnet.com/...rn-channel-arc/

http://www.howtogeek...why-you-should/

#378 ADstv

ADstv

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:29 AM

Since turning Bravia Sync (HDMI-CEC) off, 80% of my IQ3 issues have been fixed. The only thing I am having an issue with is extending recordings by 30mins, it just doesn't work!

The Active pages (Sky Active and Fox Sports Active) do look so much better. The only other issue I have if I switch to Foxtel from any other source sometimes I do get HDMI snow (that white screen with flashing pink pixels etc) before it finally switches to the correct resolution. Maybe I should just force 1080p on it.

Edited by ADstv, 28 March 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#379 orion_jb2001

orion_jb2001

AV Forum Member

• 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

I tired adding 30 mins to a recording, it worked through the satellite version of IQ3.  :) You know you can through settings (recordings), as a default, add up to 10 mins before or after the EPG for a program, as well as different settings for FTA or cable.  Cable programing is generally pretty good, FTA is atrocious, as we all know.  I would like Foxtel to extend that +30 out to an hour, to cover the slack FTA schedules.  And they wonder why people in droves, are going to some form of cable/download for their viewing, when FTA can't keep to schedules...... :)  Not that long ago, FTA channels got flogged by the ACMA for inaccurate programming errors......

#380 cnrmlj

cnrmlj

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

People who speak english and don't use acronyms that most people don't understand are better friends.

#381 pandoric

pandoric

AV Forum Member

• 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

if you don't have a TV point where do you think the signal will come from?

if you don't plug in the TV point yiou'll just get the same FTA channels that were previously available on Sat. i.e. not all the other ones.

I do not have TV aerial in my living room, only two cables from the wall to IQ2, we watch FTA through Foxtel,  but it's no point of upgrading to IQ3 then?

We have tv antenna and- originally we have 2 cables - 1 for tv and  1 for foxtel but we are unaware that IQ2 needs 2 cables until the tech came for the installation. So the tech disconnect the tv cables and uses both cables for the IQ2.

Thanks

Edited by pandoric, 28 March 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#382 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,505 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

What about an Indoor antenna depends where you live?

cheers laurie

#383 pandoric

pandoric

AV Forum Member

• 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

What about an Indoor antenna depends where you live?

cheers laurie

oh, i never thought of that, does it work on the IQ3?

Thanks, Laurie.

#384 orion_jb2001

orion_jb2001

AV Forum Member

• 16 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

A wet piece of string would work if you were close enough to the transmitter.  Yes it would work, the signal strength would be the factor, how close you are to the transmitters.

#385 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:56 PM

Ok...update on my IQ3
Ordered on Thursday 26th.
Delivered on Friday 27th
Installed on Sat 28th..

Took 2 hours to get things working with 3 calls to Foxtel Customer support. They, to their credit, were polite and always seemed keen to help...good on you Foxtel.

Got my wifi working. I have a MAC address security on my network. I found the MAC address for my wifi...can't recall how...but the Foxtel "tech guy" didn't quite know how...and was making stupid noises.

Anyways...I have it working...awesome.
Then...tested my Logitech Harmony One with the IQ3...WORKS!!!! So no reprogramming my Harmony.

Then connected my Antenna areial with the IQ3 and ran a Quick Scan for local FTA channels....AND BINGO...

All local channels including HD ( Thanks Laurie) ..found 16 channels..all the important ones...and not the corny TV sales channels...whew!

So far, quite impressed with it.

AND

I didn't have any lag with my Bluetooth Remote either....
Feel free to ask questions...

Thanks to all those who posted on here...helped me heaps....

#386 kwarrior

kwarrior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:30 AM

Hit my first glitch...
Had a FTA recording scheduled..but when I tried to play it back, told me that it had a problem with accessing the channel...but at the same time, I had the Formula 1 race recorded as per schedule...hmmmm

#387 SLE355

SLE355

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:28 PM

My manual recording wont play....

Can someone check their signal status to see how many tuners are working and also how many Foxtel channels you can record at the same time?

#388 minty

minty

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Hit my first glitch...
Had a FTA recording scheduled..but when I tried to play it back, told me that it had a problem with accessing the channel...but at the same time, I had the Formula 1 race recorded as per schedule...hmmmm

Yep I'm having all sorts of trouble with failed recordings.

They are coming up as scheduled to record, they then appear in recorded section, but upon trying to play them they won't play and some crap about channel having technical difficulty appears.

Also can't delete these dud recordings. End up with a blank screen and have to hit Foxtel button and wait.

So far other than these issues the graphics look sweet but think I'd rather the old Mystar box back. Time will tell but these failed recordings are BS.

#389 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,505 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

If all fails hold the power button for 5 sec and release I had recorded programs gone missing and a reset got them back  funny though the main problems that I first had are gone 1.Internet 2.Wi-Fi 3.Bluetooth Remote

cheers laurie

#390 nutmeg1

nutmeg1

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Finally got the iq3 set up but how long does auto add on time to a program as with the mystar you could add up to an hour, good for channel 9

Also do you need to adjust the picture setting from auto to 1080i or 1080p or is auto ok ?.

Thanks.

#391 duke

duke

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:22 PM

Finally got the iq3 set up but how long does auto add on time to a program as with the mystar you could add up to an hour, good for channel 9

Also do you need to adjust the picture setting from auto to 1080i or 1080p or is auto ok ?.

Thanks.

For FTA in the Record Settings it only lets you add a maximum of 10 minutes as a standard setting which is stupid.

If you record a show using the guide you can extend it to 30 minutes but you'll have to do that every time you record a show.

#392 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,505 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:58 PM

Thanks.

Disappointed that they deleted pass through so as in ESPN instead of seeing 720p as input to display its now 1080p under the old setup my display would have shown 720p

cheer laurie

#393 domstrama

domstrama

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted Today, 05:32 AM

It seems there are a few teething issues with IQ3, can any members confirm issues with their box?

Quite obvious that Netflix forced Foxtel's hand in this one....

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/foxtel-admits-thousands-of-iq3-devices-require-upgrade-after-admitting-to-teething-problems-20150401-1md15t.html 

http://community.foxtel.com.au/t5/Foxtel-iQ3/Popular-Technical-iQ3-Question-and-Answers/m-p/55554#U55554 

#394 laurie

laurie

AV Forum Member

• 6,505 posts

Posted Today, 02:24 PM

The biggest annoying problem is not resuming where you left off when you stop watching a show especially if its a 3hr movie

cheers laurie