• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BribieG

BribieG

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I haven't bothered much with the FTA in the last couple of years, antenna was stuffed in my new place and I never got it fixed. At work the TV in the staff room is often tuned to the likes of GEM or eleven or 7 mate, and they usualy play stuff like Bewitched or Beverley Hillbillies so I've never explored the new Freeview channels.

However there was something on GEM I wanted to watch, so I went to Wikipedia list of Foxtel Channels to get the channel number, and I see that the likes of GEM are HD. Does this mean that they are HD in their FTA format or are they rebroadcast in HD on Foxtel
BTW "note 4" comes up with an error on the Wiki page so I don't know what it means.

Posted Image

Edit.
On trying, if find that these channels are shown as "not available" when I try to access them

What's the story?

Edited by BribieG, 06 April 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#2 GoForMoe

GoForMoe

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

Well firstly they are cable only and even then not available in Adelaide/Perth. Beyond that, they are exclusively HD, so if you've only got SD Foxtel you can't get them.

#3 BribieG

BribieG

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

got HD but not cable, not a lot of Brisbane outer suburbs got cabled. Explains it. ;)

Edit: well I'll just have to miss out on the Brady Bunch and On the Buses :hmm:

Edited by BribieG, 06 April 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#4 mtv

mtv

AV Forum Member

• 6,047 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Just fix your terrestrial TV antenna. :)

#5 miata

miata

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

got HD but not cable, not a lot of Brisbane outer suburbs got cabled. Explains it. ;)

Edit: well I'll just have to miss out on the Brady Bunch and On the Buses :hmm:

I had Satellite Foxtel HD at Waterford and I'm pretty sure I got all of them got all those channels. The easiest way to find them on FOX is to Press the TV Guide button, select HD channels and scroll through the list. They're on the first page.

#6 justin25

justin25

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

Gem is actually on the optus C1/D3 satellite as well as 7mate and onehd but only vast which is remote television viewers can get that.

info about vast if anyone is interested https://www.myvast.com.au/register

#7 forumite

forumite

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Well firstly they are cable only and even then not available in Adelaide/Perth. Beyond that, they are exclusively HD, so if you've only got SD Foxtel you can't get them.

What do you mean? I get them all on Cable in Adelaide.

#8 BribieG

BribieG

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Current antenna is going to cost around $300 to replace, don't really care that much for Bewitched or Brady Bunch :no:

#9 nbound

nbound

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Current antenna is going to cost around $300 to replace, don't really care that much for Bewitched or Brady Bunch :no:

Have you had someone look at it? Or are just guessing at that price.

I had Satellite Foxtel HD at Waterford and I'm pretty sure I got all of them got all those channels. The easiest way to find them on FOX is to Press the TV Guide button, select HD channels and scroll through the list. They're on the first page.

The FTA channels (excluding some ABC/SBS), are carried on Cable only.

Gem is actually on the optus C1/D3 satellite as well as 7mate and onehd but only vast which is remote television viewers can get that.

info about vast if anyone is interested https://www.myvast.com.au/register

You cant just sign up and get VAST - without lying anyway. And its an expensive exercise to get the gear.