• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CHRIS08

CHRIS08

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Went to watch it 2nite & boom no picture but there is audio i get sound ive never had this problem before. SBS1 & SBS2 work tho. I rescanned both tv's & still the same issue. Is there a a problem with the station or my aerial i dont if its related but my channel 9 signal strength has gone from 70 odd to 55 & lower.

#2 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,666 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

Chris,
I also have SBS HD as a strong even green screen, sound ok. The program is simulcast on SBS1 which is ok.
I suggest you email technical@sbs.com.au and report it along with your location and when you first saw it.

It is an SBS fault and not your receiver.

AlanH

#3 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,666 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

Chris,
The fault has been fixed

AlanH

#4 CHRIS08

CHRIS08

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

^^^ thx for the info. I pi**ed me off cause i wanted to record the football friday morning but couldnt, any reason what the prob with SBSHD was????

#5 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,666 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Chris,
I have had no reply from SBS, however considering that we are in different cities and more than one receiver has the same problem it was definately not a transmitter/receiver problem. In addition SBS1 and SBS2 are ok which also backs this up.

Considering that SBSHD and SBS1 are usually simulcast and the source program I was wanting to watch was SD. So I assume that it was the upconverter which failed.

AlanH