Tv Repair Samsung La26C450E

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rapattack

rapattack

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

Hi my tv doesn't turn on anymore so not sure what the problem could be. I haven't had a tv in for repair and just wondering if it is worth it? Is there a place that does free quotes in Sydney? What i mean by Sydney is the City of Glebe or Newtown. I don't wanna go too far as i don't drive and would have to put this on my bike which is risky! I am on a pension so can't afford to get an expensive quote or indeed too much to repair but i am thinking if it is just the switch on and switch off it might be worth the repair.

#2 rapattack

rapattack

AV Forum Member

• 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

Oh the model is samsung la26c450e

#3 jsmith

jsmith

AV Forum Member

• 6,052 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi my tv doesn't turn on anymore so not sure what the problem could be. I haven't had a tv in for repair and just wondering if it is worth it? Is there a place that does free quotes in Sydney? What i mean by Sydney is the City of Glebe or Newtown. I don't wanna go too far as i don't drive and would have to put this on my bike which is risky! I am on a pension so can't afford to get an expensive quote or indeed too much to repair but i am thinking if it is just the switch on and switch off it might be worth the repair.

When you try to turn it on does it "click" a number of times? If so it is likely the power supply and that can be fixed fairly easily by most TV repair places as the parts are readily available. Anything else and it would likely prove too expensive compared to the price of a new set. How long since it was out of warranty? Samsung could still assist you if you claim that it hasn't lasted long enough even though it's out of warranty.

JSmith :ninja:

#4 alanh

alanh

AV Forum Member

• 12,648 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

Rapattack,
This appears to be a common problem? We bought my mother in law one. Its 18 months old and has done the same thing.
To keep standby power down they do the same as the computer power supply manufacturers. They have a tiny power supply which powers the remote control receiver and the power off LED and the sensing of the power switch. This power supply is used to start the main power supply which runs the receiver. It is the main power supply which has failed.

AlanH