Selby Acoustics : Excellent Service

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

I recently purchased A Selby Acoustics premium 110" motorised screen and I debated whether or not to report my experience.

It seems when things go wrong we are quick to start a topic and tell all. This is a good thing as it warns others of similar perils.

Well my recent experience with Selby needs to be praised. The customer service I got from a chap who goes by the name of Mimo was Rolls Royce.

It all started a short while back when the wrong size screen was delivered. I phoned Selby and the correct size was shipped to Adelaide overnight.

The screen was installed and I noiced that the motor was very noisy in the roll up stage.

I called Selby and spoke to Mimo who apologised prefusely for the issue. He told me that there were a bad batch of screens which were detected on a recent shipment and this one must be one of them.

A replacement screen was sent again arriving the next day.

I am very impressed with the screen. Just love the full 110" 16;9 aspect and the quality of the picture has markedly improved with no visible surface grain that you get with cheaper screens.

Here comes the part that had me thinking just how good a retailler Selby are. Mimo told me to keep the noisy motorised screen.

I have found it a new home and donated it to our local kindegarten. One of the Dads there who is a carpenter is going to assist me in installing it.

The screen will just hang down permanently so the noisy motor will not be utilised.

Oh and just to add Mimo is also posting me a replacent stop for the bottom bar of the noisy screen.

A great outcome for everyone. Selby is truly an "A" class retailler.

Edited by Crist, 28 February 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#2 :)

:)

AV Forum Member

• 31,392 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

good to hear crist, yeah I too tend to keep to myself and give people a chance to sort things out. sometimes bad experience worth giving benefit of doubt too. and good experiences worth telling people about. have always been of belief stuff happens things fail. its how theyre dealt with thats the important thing :) mimo a good sort indeed I

excellent to hear good come out of the previous screen as well :)

#3 oztheatre

oztheatre

AV Forum Member

• Commercial Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

I deal with Mimo quite often, he's a great guy!!

#4 bbar

bbar

AV Forum Member

• 6,899 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

Good to hear good news and definitely great customer experience!

#5 mmu16

mmu16

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Frequent customer of selby for many years - during ugly cable days! Must say their service is second to none. Even when they have mucked things up (rarely), the effort they put into rectifying the situation is amazing. Highly recommended!

#6 Serentity

Serentity

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Great Service, from Selby. I had a issue with a DVD stand from them, they fixed it then gave me another one for Free! Highly Recommended.

#7 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:44 AM

Yes they are definitely a trusted seller. Have no hesitation recommending them.

#8 buddhamus

buddhamus

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:54 AM

Thats awesome Crist, I just recently bought some cables from Selby and they are absolutely great, knowledgable guys to deal with.

#9 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

good to hear crist, yeah I too tend to keep to myself and give people a chance to sort things out. sometimes bad experience worth giving benefit of doubt too. and good experiences worth telling people about. have always been of belief stuff happens things fail. its how theyre dealt with thats the important thing :) mimo a good sort indeed I

excellent to hear good come out of the previous screen as well :)

Thanks Al. I am happy it all turned out fine for everyone. Their "donated" screen will be put to use at the kindy for many years to come.

#10 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

Thats awesome Crist, I just recently bought some cables from Selby and they are absolutely great, knowledgable guys to deal with.

Yes and the great thing about dealing with them is that there is always peace of mind back up service incase you need it. :)

Edited by Crist, 29 February 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#11 Swaami

Swaami

AV Forum Member

• 54 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Couldn't agree more.

When I bought my Projector bracket I called to check if it would fit properly and the staff at Selby got out a tape measure and measured the bracket I intended to buy to make sure it was the right one.
It then arrived in a couple of days. Highly recommended.