• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Pajero

Pajero

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

From Sunday according to their facebook page.

#2 duke

duke

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Do we get the HD FX?

#3 DrP

DrP

AV Forum Member

• 16,740 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Looks like those contractual problems due to the potential FOXTEL buy-out weren't so problematic afterall....

#4 duke

duke

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

http://www.facebook.com/AUSTAR

AUSTAR

Great news! We’re really pleased to announce that A&E and FX will be available on AUSTAR from this Sunday.

FX will be available to all residential subscribers in the Starter Pack in SD on channel 123 and HD on 218. The channel will be running promo reels in the lead up to its national launch on Sunday night at 8.30pm with an extended directors cut of The Walking Dead, an epic post-apocalyptic zombie survival series from the director of ‘The Shawshank Redemption’ and the producer of ‘The Terminator’, followed by Hell on Wheels.

A&E showcases real life action and entertainment and will be included in the Quest option. It is also available in both SD on 607 and HD on 230. Sunday will be a great day for our subscribers to catch up with some of the channel highlights they may have missed over the last week, including Pawn Stars and Storage Wars which will be shown in mini marathons during the day and the exclusive local Australian production of Megatruckers which will be replayed just for AUSTAR viewers at 6.30pm with an encore at 9.30pm.

We hope you enjoy them!

#5 duke

duke

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

So we get both in HD. Excellent.

#6 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

Having watched A&E for a week, Pawn Stars and Storage Wars are strangely addictive

#7 aeon

aeon

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Sweet, thanks for the news - I've been meaning to check out The Walking Dead, so will have to watch/record it on Sunday.

#8 Aussiedude

Aussiedude

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Having watched A&E for a week, Pawn Stars and Storage Wars are strangely addictive

yeah i agree with this, i thought the channel would be a waste for me, but i love watching them, which i never thought i would say (being a male in his early-mid 20's) now i understand how my GF watches her trashy shows, neither can complain anymore about them.

#9 duke

duke

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

The channel will be running promo reels in the lead up to its national launch on Sunday night at 8.30pm

No promo being shown and there is no 218 yet.

#10 Baboy

Baboy

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

yeah i agree with this, i thought the channel would be a waste for me, but i love watching them, which i never thought i would say (being a male in his early-mid 20's) now i understand how my GF watches her trashy shows, neither can complain anymore about them.

I dont have foxtel/austar but download alot of American "reality" shows.....they can be quite entertaining as long as u imagine them all being subtitled "only in America!"

No idea of their future programming but look out for :
Cajun Pawn Stars
Beyond Scared Straight
Hoarders
Ax Men
Bordertown: Laredo
The First 48
Cold Case Files
Shipping Wars
Bering Sea Gold
Gold Rush Alaska
US Drug Wars
Manhunters
Bait Car
Desert Car Kings
Drugs Inc
Alaska State Troopers
Hardcore Pawn
Forensic Files
Ragin Cajuns
Dirty Jobs
First Week In
Lockup
Full Throttle Saloon
Salvage Code Red
The Squad:Prison Police
Black Gold

Avoid Dog the Bounty Hunter......you may find you will want to punch the screen :hyper:

Edited by Baboy, 25 February 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#11 MrJoshua

MrJoshua

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Avoid Dog the Bounty Hunter......you may find you will want to punch the screen :hyper:

amen to that, and after punching the screen, rip out your eyeballs and tear off your ears..

#12 boogie

boogie

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Both are up and running now. B) :thumbsup:

#13 sacka37

sacka37

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

Just went to record The Walking Dead via the Panasonic dvd recorder (dont have mystar) and it says "cannot record- copy protect signal was detected" WTF is this?
Never had it before and it's only does it on FX.

#14 DrP

DrP

AV Forum Member

• 16,740 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

FX has macrovision enabled on it. IIRC the only other channel that does this from time to time is mainevent. This is separate to the blanket application of macrovision output on the Mystar HD and playback application macrovision on the SD Mystar.

A 'video stabiliser' will remove it.

#15 jmc3612

jmc3612

AV Forum Member

• 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:53 PM

shame you cannot record any of the programs on FX with an ordinary dvd recorder as all the shows are "protected"

Edited by jmc3612, 27 February 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#16 davmel

davmel

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

FX has macrovision enabled on it.

It truly is amazing how much bullshit the content owners will insist on to allow their content to be broadcast. Even though analogue Macrovision has been comprehensively defeated they still make pay tv operators go out of their way to activate it on only a specific channel before the contract is approved!
Oh well, just another reason to download from unofficial sources and have a copy that is free of restrictive stupid conditions imposed by a**hole content owners that will screw their paying customers in a futile bid to stop non-paying customers from viewing their content.

#17 DrP

DrP

AV Forum Member

• 16,740 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:13 AM

I'm surprised that Austar hasn't enabled macrovision output on their STBs for all channels in order to 'encourage' the uptake of the my-disa-star.

#18 davmel

davmel

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'm surprised that Austar hasn't enabled macrovision output on their STBs for all channels in order to 'encourage' the uptake of the my-disa-star.

There may well be a licensing fee to activate Macrovision on each channel and it's only used when the content owner either pays for it or insists on it in a contract.

#19 Andyt33

Andyt33

AV Forum Member

• 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

shame you cannot record any of the programs on FX with an ordinary dvd recorder as all the shows are "protected"

hmm I can record FX so dunno why DRP cant record FX i'm trying it now and its recording ok

#20 DrP

DrP

AV Forum Member

• 16,740 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Perhaps you could link to the post where I said I couldn't record FX from my Austar box.

#21 Bobbsy

Bobbsy

AV Forum Member

• 39 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

I had a giggle today...they're running a promo for A&E saying "now on Austar" but they tag it as "thanks to Foxtel"!