• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jazman777

Jazman777

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

For those like me who dont have movie channels the movie network channels are free from 19th feb to 4 march then again with the movie line up they have i can see why i dont bother with those channels

#2 hidefdave

hidefdave

DTV Forums Member

• 336 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:56 PM

For those like me who dont have movie channels the movie network channels are free from 19th feb to 4 march then again with the movie line up they have i can see why i dont bother with those channels

Same for Austar customers. I agree, not exactly a reward for loyalty, being "given" those channels for a fortnight...pretty slim pickings!

D.

#3 lonewolf

lonewolf

DTV Forums Member

• 1,080 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

How about us, who already pay for the movie channels ;). We should be given a discount during those 2 weeks.

#4 BamBBBam

BamBBBam

DTV Forums Member

• 1,003 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

How about us, who already pay for the movie channels ;). We should be given a discount during those 2 weeks.

Geez not this again..

#5 loves2spooge

loves2spooge

DTV Forums Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:16 AM

LOl so far the movies have been crap, same as every "free movies preview" so now we can view what you waste your money on :)

#6 DansDans

DansDans

DTV Forums Member

• 2,710 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

LOl so far the movies have been crap, same as every "free movies preview" so now we can view what you waste your money on :)

That's a fantastic response. All these people who cry for a refund when the channels are offered as promotions for other customers are annoying, and EVERY time it happens someone complains

#7 doodlefeatures

doodlefeatures

DTV Forums Member

• 1,510 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

I would have thought that the " ;)" suggests lonewolf was joking

#8 lonewolf

lonewolf

DTV Forums Member

• 1,080 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

That's a fantastic response. All these people who cry for a refund when the channels are offered as promotions for other customers are annoying, and EVERY time it happens someone complains

Actually i enjoy the movies on my hd movies package. But if you did not miss the wink then perhaps you should look again. Saying that it is annoying when foxtel does charge a lot and generally the people on the larger plans miss out on getting any freebies. Thats not always how it is in other industries.

But what i find more annoying are people who get onto forums and complain or put down other people on the forums or at the very least treat them with less respect than what they would do in person. I will keep insisting that long time customers should be treated better and with more love from foxtel as i think thats generally what is right and how a lot of other companies do things. I dont see any problem in having that viewpoint as customers should hold their providers to a higher standard than what is sometimes provided otherwise the aforementioned companies will never pick up their game and try to get away with less.

Many times through sheer diligence customers have gotten companies to improve their service or to treat their customers better.

To people who want to put me down for that, you can always be a fanboi or against any one who wants better service. thats your choice and there are always people out there for various reasons who get enjoyment from forums and how they treat others on that. All i can say is you want to say something to me, man up and say it in person otherwise please leave me out of it.

#9 lonewolf

lonewolf

DTV Forums Member

• 1,080 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

I would have thought that the " ;)" suggests lonewolf was joking

Thank you doodle, at least you understood my wink :).

#10 DansDans

DansDans

DTV Forums Member

• 2,710 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Actually i enjoy the movies on my hd movies package. But if you did not miss the wink then perhaps you should look again. Saying that it is annoying when foxtel does charge a lot and generally the people on the larger plans miss out on getting any freebies. Thats not always how it is in other industries.

But what i find more annoying are people who get onto forums and complain or put down other people on the forums or at the very least treat them with less respect than what they would do in person. I will keep insisting that long time customers should be treated better and with more love from foxtel as i think thats generally what is right and how a lot of other companies do things. I dont see any problem in having that viewpoint as customers should hold their providers to a higher standard than what is sometimes provided otherwise the aforementioned companies will never pick up their game and try to get away with less.

Many times through sheer diligence customers have gotten companies to improve their service or to treat their customers better.

To people who want to put me down for that, you can always be a fanboi or against any one who wants better service. thats your choice and there are always people out there for various reasons who get enjoyment from forums and how they treat others on that. All i can say is you want to say something to me, man up and say it in person otherwise please leave me out of it.

Ok going on your analogy then, what makes it any different if someone signs up for a Gym membership for $15 a week/12 mnths, and then a month later that same gym offers the first three months for free - do you then complain about that and want your first three months free as well?

Or if you sign up for to use the whole gym, and there are people who just pay for the cardio room, and then the gym has a promotion for month where everyone can access everything in the gym - would you go and demand a refund for that month that some other people get it for free but you dont?

Or what about if you have a mobile contract with all the bells and whistles - and then for a month your provider decides to allow customers who arent subscribed to their mobile TV package to try it out (and you have that in your package) - do you complain about a handful of others getting it for free and demand your money back?

Or if you had a newspaper subscription for delivery of 7 days a week, and those on 5 days a week get a month worth of free weekend newspaper...

Do you get my point here?

If someone has decided to pay for something above what someone else has, and then that company decides to allow all its customers access to something that a handful pay for a small time, why are the people rich enough to pay for it entitled to a refund. If people dont do it for other services, why do they do it for Foxtel?

Joking (by winking) or not, the issue is EVERYTIME this happens someone comes in a complains, and then someone like me jumps in and complains at the people complaining, and then someone complains about that person (because they think by complaining about the person who is complaining about the complainer, that all of a sudden doesnt make them look like a complainer either)

I've got a headache now - enjoy your free movies ;)

#11 miata

miata

DTV Forums Member

• 1,631 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

I don't have any problem finding several movies every week that I want to see, movies I haven't seen before and WANT to watch. Sometimes they're not what I expected (like Gulliver which was a complete waste of time but that's my fault, any Jack Black movie is a complete waste of time) but mostly I really enjoy them.

#12 lonewolf

lonewolf

DTV Forums Member

• 1,080 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

Ok going on your analogy then, what makes it any different if someone signs up for a Gym membership for $15 a week/12 mnths, and then a month later that same gym offers the first three months for free - do you then complain about that and want your first three months free as well?

Or if you sign up for to use the whole gym, and there are people who just pay for the cardio room, and then the gym has a promotion for month where everyone can access everything in the gym - would you go and demand a refund for that month that some other people get it for free but you dont?

Or what about if you have a mobile contract with all the bells and whistles - and then for a month your provider decides to allow customers who arent subscribed to their mobile TV package to try it out (and you have that in your package) - do you complain about a handful of others getting it for free and demand your money back?

Or if you had a newspaper subscription for delivery of 7 days a week, and those on 5 days a week get a month worth of free weekend newspaper...

Do you get my point here?

If someone has decided to pay for something above what someone else has, and then that company decides to allow all its customers access to something that a handful pay for a small time, why are the people rich enough to pay for it entitled to a refund. If people dont do it for other services, why do they do it for Foxtel?

Joking (by winking) or not, the issue is EVERYTIME this happens someone comes in a complains, and then someone like me jumps in and complains at the people complaining, and then someone complains about that person (because they think by complaining about the person who is complaining about the complainer, that all of a sudden doesnt make them look like a complainer either)

I've got a headache now - enjoy your free movies ;)

Actually your point is not valid. Because like i said most companies do look after their long term customers. Not all, but a lot do. For instance, yes i have had benefits from being a long term customer of a gym and yes when i go ask at times they have given me discounts or even the same deals just to keep me on. The difference is you have to go ask, or even sometimes talk to the people who can make it happen, not just the counter staff. Mobile phone carriers...ALL THE TIME, i get lots of benefits from being long term customers. Including 6 months into a 24 month contract i ask to get the new lower price of a plan or not pay for extra amount for the new phone etc because they have changed their plans for new customers. And yes i have got it. So it does happen. Not all the time, but depends on the company.

Some companies always treat me really well because i have been a big spender and / or a long time customer of theirs, including giving me complete refunds when they normally dont for change of mind or what have you, or even giving me a new product instead of trying to repair the product etc which was their usual policy and what they generally did for customers.... Its all about asking and pointing out you are a long time customer.

The point is, i was pointing out something which i knew was a joke since people always point it out. But besides that i was also making a comment about a company which i am paying for a service off, so i have the right to make observations or even complaints or demands of them. You came on and made comments about me and directed statements towards me, when there was no reason to. That is the difference, and that is my biggest issue. There was no need for that, if you didnt have anything nice to say, you shouldnt have. If you disagreed, then you could have said you felt foxtel is doing what other companies do and they werent any different etc. IF you feel foxtel is justified and should not care about long term customers, then thats your opinion too, albeit a weird one especially if you are a customer of theres but still your right.

But there was no need for the commentary about me....

#13 LOU LOU

LOU LOU

DTV Forums Member

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

I confess I get a bit shirty when people are given free something I'm paying for.
It's not good PR for the "faithful customer".

Anyway, this week I've watched 3 movies, and enjoyed them until the end credits started rolling.
Almost immediately over the credits and music there is a loud series of ads for other movies, or cast members discussing the film and their role.
How I despise this!
Too bad if you want to know anything about the cast or crew.

From now on I am IQ'ing movies and dubbing to DVD so I can edit out that particular irritation.
It doesn't take much effort and stops my blood pressure spiking.
Then I can relax and enjoy the movie.

Why does Foxtel think that their free movie trial will appeal to people with that sort of (channel 9 type) nonsense spoiling the movies?

No wonder so many people buy, rent or download their programs!

#14 lonewolf

lonewolf

DTV Forums Member

• 1,080 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

I confess I get a bit shirty when people are given free something I'm paying for.
It's not good PR for the "faithful customer".

Anyway, this week I've watched 3 movies, and enjoyed them until the end credits started rolling.
Almost immediately over the credits and music there is a loud series of ads for other movies, or cast members discussing the film and their role.
How I despise this!
Too bad if you want to know anything about the cast or crew.

From now on I am IQ'ing movies and dubbing to DVD so I can edit out that particular irritation.
It doesn't take much effort and stops my blood pressure spiking.
Then I can relax and enjoy the movie.

Why does Foxtel think that their free movie trial will appeal to people with that sort of (channel 9 type) nonsense spoiling the movies?

No wonder so many people buy, rent or download their programs!

Here is where i actually like Showtime. I know they also cover part of their credits but with interviews with the actors and director or even sometimes producers of the movie. I actually find it quite interesting and entertaining. Its quite interesting to hear the interviews right after watching the movie. After the movie Fair Game which was based on a true story, they had interviews of the authors / actual people the story was about, that was very interesting.