• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 Mr C

Mr C

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

As I said elsewhere not so much bothered about this forum as it has a lack of any really helpful threads anymore. People are more interested in selling things, or else arguing over who has the biggest screen.

I have to say that over the years I have received some great advice about how to build my system, from virtually nil to where it is today and I have appreciated this greatly. However, it is true that in recent times, it has become a forum for people to sell things. This in itself it not a bad thing, especially since I have benefited from some of the ideas contained within these threads. The down side is that there are some who are merely wishing to expand their commercial interests. Worse still when there are undeclared conflicts of interest.

#27 HTPC-Guru

HTPC-Guru

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

thanks for the offer Mel, given your substantial experience it will be the best hand job of my life :phone:

:lol:

#28 mello yello

mello yello

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

thanks for the offer Mel, given your substantial experience it will be the best hand job of my life :phone:

sounds to me like youve already started without me

:whistle:

#29 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,028 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

To be honest I don't think I will be taking you up on the offer.

It's not that I'm homophobic :cheer: (or in denial like areGAYtwo :purple: ) .... it' s just that I;m not gay :no:

#30 ttn

ttn

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

"not that anything wrong with it".... From Jerry Seinfield epo :)

#31 kopthat

kopthat

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

I thought about it, but it would just be a pain in the arse...

#32 MRCRIST

MRCRIST

AV Forum Member

• 3,595 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

The scent of testosterone is pungent on this thread.

#33 GSpot

GSpot

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

To all the people that are concerned about certain comments offending some people, well, I assume that they still do. Just because the mods haven't stepped in doesn't mean that the comments are no longer offensive to the people in question. If you really do care about the offence caused to some, and not just peeved at the lack of moderation, then the comments will stop. The people concerned are not the ones that started this thread, or making the remarks. So continuing with these comments knowing that you may be offending the people you were defending in the first place is just...not...right. :no:

BTW, they don't offend me so it aint about dat.
Also, I'm not supporting the OP by refraining from the bagging. It's just that another +1 from me is flogging a dead horse.
Finally, If calling someone gay is offensive to gay people then calling someone 12 years old may be offensive to 12 year olds.

#34 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,028 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

I think areGAYtwo has been sent on a holiday, finally .... my intentions were simply to derail his Group Buy as he has done to many other fine members of this forum.

and as pointed out by another member, it is not against the law to call someone a wanker when they very likely are.

#35 GSpot

GSpot

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

Calling someone a "wanker" is offensive in the context it was used in by Chopsus. Its the context that matters most ;)

No, what matters most is that calling someone a wanker is mainly offensive to the target. Calling someone gay can offend people who had nothing to do with the spat that's going on.

#36 GSpot

GSpot

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

Oh and by the way, refering to yourself as "Gspot" might offend some of the ladies around the place, of which there appears to be quite a few ;) just an observation, don't get all aroused ;)

My rule is that just because someone finds something offensive, it doesn't mean it's offensive.
B) Offending women??? My friends call me "G", this is my "Spot" Also GS (GSpot as opposed to Gspot) are my initials. What is offensive about that? Oh, y'all have dirty minds. :angel:

#37 mr-happy-pants

mr-happy-pants

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

... if there are any other brands people would be keen on send me a pm and if theres enough interest we'll offer those too ;)

So, let me get this straight arextwo, you are now running a GB for a projector screen, but you are not 100% sure which size, AR, or brand the GB is about, or who is supplying it!?

Confused!

Edited by mr-happy-pants, 22 February 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#38 Owen

Owen

AV Forum Member

• 11,919 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

A group buy does not have to be made up of screens the same size, AR or even brand, just putting all the business through one obliging supplier should enable a discount. I suspect you know this. :rolleyes:

#39 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Potential buyers be very careful.
Due diligence is advised after you receive prices from this GB

#40 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

No commercial interest here at all - wanker!

#41 roh008

roh008

AV Forum Member

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Shocking - Are there no moderators in DTVforum?

spoilt this GB and I'm looking for a screen.

#42 Owen

Owen

AV Forum Member

• 11,919 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Both of you cut the personal attacks, its pathetic and against forum rules.

Edited by Owen, 22 February 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#43 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

not that it seems to matter owen :logik:

#44 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:02 PM

Good Luck! You're gunna need it!

#45 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forum Member

• 3,816 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Good Luck! You're gunna need it!

Leave it be Chops. Not worth the angst.

This surely has to be the most farcical GB I've ever seen on this forum.

Blade

#46 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,028 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

Yep, point made, but I doubt understood.

#47 webbsy

webbsy

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:01 AM

lol one retailer i ran the oppo gb through merlin last time and the last lot of panasonics through someone else. You have no clue mate.

#48 Vieira4

Vieira4

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

And your mate Webbsy with 12 of his last 13 threads about group buys and has one retailer no commercial interest there you tossbag!!

Who cares which retailer the Gb is through as long as potential buyers are happy with the price they are offered. Noone has a gun to their head and they are aren't under any obligation to purchase if they do not like the price. Purchases can decide by themselves if Webbsy's GBs are a good deal or not. Same with your own GB.

#49 mrfreeze

mrfreeze

AV Forum Member

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Not interested in the GB, or the "crap" between people on here but want to say the ST DNP Supernova One 08-85 screen is a bloody good screen.

We have one at work and with the JVC HD950 the picture is fantastic with out of the box settings.
They are an expensive screen, but well worth the money.

The Supernova One is also shipped "assembled" as it one piece construction.