• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 arextwo

arextwo

AV Forum Member

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

Thought I would see if there is much interest at the moment. I've been making some enquiries,whilst investigating projector pricing, and have been impressed with the offerings. My preference for screens are the Screen Technics versions, I run one in my own theater, they really allow some high quality viewing and impressive construction. Any size, any format let me know what you would like and I'll see what I can do. There are other screens out there but through experience I have found these to be at the top of my list ;)
Thanks guys

#2 Prior

Prior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

OzTS screens are cheaper and better. They use Fidelio fabric on the frames, which is the best flocking available worldwide. And the fabrics he uses are exceptional also. He's factory direct, includes delivery Australia wide and offers a lifetime warranty.

#3 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,357 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

OzTS screens are cheaper and better. They use Fidelio fabric on the frames, which is the best flocking available worldwide. And the fabrics he uses are exceptional also. He's factory direct, includes delivery Australia wide and offers a lifetime warranty.

Hi Prior,

It;s a pity OzTS don't do pull downs, or I;d snap one up in a tick ..... I'd be vary careful of any purchase arrangement organized by this member however.

#4 BladeRnR

BladeRnR

AV Forum Member

• 3,816 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:43 AM

"Many other forum members" arextwo?

Like who.

Richard of Oz Theatre Screens has been an outstanding contributor to these forums and is a personal friend. He is also a complete gentleman. Stop the white-anting.

As Chopsus suggested, give this tool a wide berth.

Blade

#5 blybo

blybo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hello Blade

Great you could stop by and your valued opinon, but I would advise you to not let friendship cloud your judgement when it comes to assessing ones behaviour. I have made no derogatory remarks to Richard in public or in private, so as you might understand I find his taunts unnecessary. At no time did I criticise his commercial interest in anyway shape or form but like clock work I have two "fan boi's" who's intentions are clear (undermining my credibility) show up in an expression of interest thread, running to his defense. I'm simply minding my own busniess trying to do something positive for forum members that are interested.
Back on track guys, I will be posting some photos very shortly to demonstrate some examples of what is available, be it scope or otherwise. Great to get so much interest already keep the pm's coming :)

After your previous behaviour in other threads you better get used to it until you (as they say in the AFL these days) "earn the trust of the group" after a monumental muck up. The tone of your posts since has changed dramatically and reading between the lines I can only guess you have been contacted by moderators...

I have no affiliation with any member of this forum but I do own a OZ TS, although not bought directly from Richard...

#6 maudandken

maudandken

AV Forum Member

• 26 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

i'm an often reader here of topics and have bought a couple of items from members so i thought i'd comment on the crap i have just read here. AREXTWO made a posting here regarding a "group buy" his post was immediately side tracked by PRIOR who obviously is or has been a client of OZTS. I find this extremely annoying and in my opinion the height of rudeness and not necessary. i have not and never will be a client of OZTS. and then BLADERNR AND CHOPSUS and BLYBO all have a shot at perfectly innocent topic. fellas just stay out of other peoples topics until you have something decent to say OR something relevant to the topic. Another thing that annoys me is in the sale column someone will be selling something and some fool will ask him what is he replacing it with and then the thread just goes off track and you have about 10-15 comments about absolutely BLOODY RUBBISH. Another thing fellas instead of giving me a mouthful about this comment think before you do say something because you are only the most vocal MINORITY not the silent MAJORITY.

#7 maudandken

maudandken

AV Forum Member

• 26 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:49 PM

oh and another thing i dont know AREXTWO,never met him,never had any dealings and wouldn't know him if i fell over him,never have had any contact with him of any kind.

#8 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,357 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:50 PM

Always happy to entertain others opinions, but you have no authority here, moral or otherwise .... If arextwo cops just a little of the bile he has sent other members then I say it brings balance to the force .... Dark side or not, I could care less than to follow the lead of a Johnny come lately lurker.

Keep in mind that it was arextwo who established that white-anting another's thread and trash talking other members (many with long standing on this forum) is now an acceptable standard of behavior. It's only fair to spread the joy of such new found freedom of speech.

Edited by Chopsus, 18 February 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#9 Prior

Prior

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Maudandken, I don't know you from a bar of soap, and have never met you at any of the many GTG's organised by various forum members, so for the most part I'll sidestep your remarks as they hold no weight with me.
All I did was inform others that there are better screens available at a cheaper price than any GB will be able to provide on Screen Technics or any other high quality screen. Sound familiar?
Other than that, I have no interest in this thread, and yes, after considering all screen offerings I purchased an OzTS screen, so I'm speaking from experience, Others will have different opinions than I, which is perfectly fine.

Richard's comments in other threads were no worse than anyone elses, and I hold no malice towards him or anyone else who made rebutal remarks. In all honesty, the OP deserved all of them.
Maudandken, you are quick to jump on myself and others for their remarks, but what about the personal abuse handed out to SDL for example? I don't recall seeing any public apologies for those, do you?

Sorry AREXTWO, I didn't want to drag all this up. Honestly, I'm not a fan of the way you carried yourself previously, but in the whole scheme of things, I really don't care either way.

Cheers,

Chris

#10 maudandken

maudandken

AV Forum Member

• 26 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Maaaate,if thats the best you can do i'm not going to run these comments any further after this posting,so give it your best shot."DARK SIDE OR NOT,I COULDN'T (see how i corrected you)CARE LESS THAN TO FOLLOW THE LEAD OF A JOHNNY COME LATELY LURKER" maaate ,SENIOR MEMBER , these are the comments i am talking about. SENIOR MEMBER or not YOU have no no authority perceived or not here about my comments.SENIOR MEMBER only means you have been on THIS forum longer than i have.you have no knowledge of my expertise in home theatre.But one thing i know about from your comments YOU PERCEIVE YOURSELF AS A FONT OF ALL KNOWLEDGE. i can assure you may be a hero to a small amount of the members here but sadly you are not. im really looking forward to your innane reply.BUT AGAIN SADLY THIS CONVERSATION HAS RUN ITS COURSE.

#11 blybo

blybo

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

i'm an often reader here of topics and have bought a couple of items from members so i thought i'd comment on the crap i have just read here. AREXTWO made a posting here regarding a "group buy" his post was immediately side tracked by PRIOR who obviously is or has been a client of OZTS. I find this extremely annoying and in my opinion the height of rudeness and not necessary. i have not and never will be a client of OZTS. and then BLADERNR AND CHOPSUS and BLYBO all have a shot at perfectly innocent topic. fellas just stay out of other peoples topics until you have something decent to say OR something relevant to the topic. Another thing that annoys me is in the sale column someone will be selling something and some fool will ask him what is he replacing it with and then the thread just goes off track and you have about 10-15 comments about absolutely BLOODY RUBBISH. Another thing fellas instead of giving me a mouthful about this comment think before you do say something because you are only the most vocal MINORITY not the silent MAJORITY.

Friend of arextwo are we? As Prior has said arextwo is only coping the REBUTTAL (as you seem to like yelling) comments based on his behaviour towards other members recently, senior or not. If you had read those comments and weren't a friend of his you would have a similar view to the vocal minority... :rolleyes:

In case you missed it this is where things got out of hand http://www.dtvforum....dpost&p=1780985

Edited by blybo, 18 February 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#12 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,357 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

LOL! No point replying if your not going to read it ..... Perhaps we will arrange for a seniors card holder membership to give you some of that authority you crave so much.

Edited by Chopsus, 18 February 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#13 Owen

Owen

AV Forum Member

• 11,957 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:11 PM

If you are going to buy from Screen Technics I would like a quote on a 120" 16:9 DNP Supernova Core fixed screen and the same size in a Supernova Flex retractable screen, both with the low gain 08-85 screen material.

Thanks.

Edited by Owen, 18 February 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#14 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,652 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

The homophobe is not going to buy he already has a screen, he is just acting for bmi trying to drum up business.

#15 mello yello

mello yello

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

The homophobe is not going to buy he already has a screen, he is just acting for bmi trying to drum up business.

so you called him a 12 yr old and he asked if you were GAY and now youre just going around like a loose cannon calling him and the moderators homphobes , because?

because youre a senior member and have a bigger post count ?

lets not foget webbsy fired the first shot here calling a guy an idiot for speaking up

and this is all doing DTV Forum a favour because ?

#16 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,333 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Mel you seriously need to decide whether you're Dorrie Evans or Judge Judy, can't be both............... :lol:

#17 mello yello

mello yello

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

I defer to my honoured collegue Judge Mental

may it please the court ?

:P

#18 yorac

yorac

AV Forum Member

• 24,333 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

I defer to my honoured collegue Judge Mental

may it please the court ?

:P

btw Dragons 18-12 good win................ :cheer:

#19 mello yello

mello yello

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Go The Dragons

Posted Image

Shirley a good start ...

#20 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,357 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

and this is all doing DTV Forum a favour because ?

is gives you a chance to appear to have the high moral ground? for once? :frantics:

#21 mello yello

mello yello

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

if you ever need a hand up, Chips, give us a yell

:winky:

#22 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,357 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

thanks for the offer Mel, given your substantial experience it will be the best hand job of my life :phone:

Edited by Chopsus, 18 February 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#23 jmone

jmone

AV Forum Member

• PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

Owen now has me looking at what the cost of a 100" 16:9 DNP Supernova Core fixed screen may be.

#24 SDL

SDL

AV Forum Member

• 10,652 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

Mello I only asked the question as the posts being made were just getting sillier and sillier. And as you point out he asked. He did not, as you say, ask if I was gay he made homophobic statements which had nothing to do with any post I made, I wouldn't mind if he made a comment that was acceptable to any decent person, even if derogatory to me, but a line was well and truly crossed in what is both acceptable online and in any society in making homophobic and pedophilia suggestions. Now if the mods, and most especially Timmo who has been online deem this as acceptable behaviour then so be it, that is what this forum has become. As I said elsewhere not so much bothered about this forum as it has a lack of any really helpful threads anymore. People are more interested in selling things, or else arguing over who has the biggest screen. Whirlpool is actually starting to look good.

#25 Chopsus

Chopsus

AV Forum Member

• 14,357 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

Whirlpool is actually starting to look good.

Now that is truly sad 8(